Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Hide away

@Gillie1 

Yesterday

feels like a lifetime ago

Already.

I've burrowed back

Into bed.

Today.

Sulking 

As a kid I always ran away to the beach, I could be alone and just look out at the ocean without anyone to judge. I think I might do that today, or the forest. 

@Kyle1 I am sulking today as well, I made a swift unscheduled exit from an inpatient hospital program that didn't treat me right, now I am dealing with the perceived fall out and having to stand up for myself once more. 

@Flotsam what will that fallout look like?..

@Kyle1 

At this stage I think the fallout is mostly in my head. I was worried about the insurance company who paid for me to be there, but I spoke to my psychologist and she reassured me. I am still a bit worried about the personal fallout of me beating myself up about not even being able to hack it for 3 days. My psyche keeps reminding me to reframe. I find that hard. I was seeing the program as a last hope, but that isn’t really the case.  I am also finding it increasingly important to stand up for myself since I couldn’t as a kid, so I made a complaint with the facility today.  It would be better if I could just let it go, but then it would be me letting myself down. I am pretty quickly into fight or flight just now. 

I am finding it easier to see the gift in these shitty situations. This one was being able to recognise a strong flight mode, when I go into fight mode I attack myself and my thoughts go to SH.  I think that will be my takeaway from this experience. If I want to run, or SH do all the things I can to get back to thinking mode. 

@Flotsam  it sounds like you have a strong self reflection reflex.

analytical.

@Kyle1 

Completely logical / analytic until Fight, flight, freeze or fawn kicks in, then I dissociate, react and don’t think.  I need to work on finding some space between the trigger and what I decide to do, but that is outside my skill set right now.

Oh, I see...

So how are you atm? @Flotsam 

@Kyle1 

I am okay, talked to a couple of people and getting some understanding. 

@Flotsam  hello, there...

Wishing a good morning!

@Gillie1 

@Kyle1 & @Flotsam 

Good morning I guess guys. I didn't totally shut down yesterday but did have a self-care day. Today is back into study and people and anxiety again. I have Exercise which seems to agitate me these days instead of being a release and an online class and a quiz assessment to do. At least I can watch the recording for class instead of live which is less scary.

I want to retreat and tell the world to go away but I also want to one day live in the world again so I need to keep plugging along.

I know I'm living in this very fragile bubble atm but can't stay here forever.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance