Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: beginer on a computor

Hi @tonys 

I can see you are learning & working things out. Well done!

I absolutely love your descriptions of your farm life. I have never had much interaction with pigs. So interesting that your see them as close to humans.

Your descriptions of the trees brings peace within me. Yes, they stand...& Sway, they are silent & yet have voices so loud. 

You are lucky to live on a wonderful farm with animals & nature.

You are doing great.

Kind regards,

maddison

(PS don't feel obliged to reply! I only wanted to say I enjoyed reading about your farm. Thankyou for sharing.)

@NatureLover thankyou so much. you must be a teacher to be so tolerant. ive been clicking on the spot that says hint to members. i ll leave you in peace, thanks again.

@BPDSurvivor hi sorry if you didnt get my letter. i sent a letter to you for kindly sending me one and thought if i clicked on the hint hint links to members in purple under the box they would go to you. i since found out that , nature lover, member has been redirecting them for me to help me out. so i hope you get this one direct from me. one day i will find some one to slowly walk me through any easy way to do this so that i can be reliable, in using this site, hope your safe and warm, best whishes, tonys

Hi @tonys  - you are doing such a good job learning how to find your way around the forums here. We're so glad you've joined our community! As you can see, there's lots of wonderful, helpful people here! 

I thought it might help if I shared some pictures here of where to find things- I know that sometimes I find pictures easier to follow than written instructions 🙂 

The button circled in red will show you any new notifications- where people have replied to your messages 

GrevilleaBlooms_0-1657517622897.png

When you click there, you'll be taken to a list of comments and reactions to your posts: 

GrevilleaBlooms_1-1657518218487.png

When you click on the blue writing, it will take you to your thread, where you've been talking to people (and where I"m writing this message!). 

GrevilleaBlooms_2-1657518278354.png

If you want to reply, you can click the reply button, which will take you to this screen. Use the @ key and then start typing the person's name, then click on it when you see it pop up. That way, they'll get a notification that you've replied to them 

GrevilleaBlooms_3-1657518370436.png

I hope this helps a bit! You're doing a great job working it all out, it can be confusing when you first get started! 

Your farm sounds really lovely @tonys , what is your favourite thing about living there? 

@GrevilleaBlooms @maddison hi. yes people with brain intelectual disability learn big pictures visual cues and then having to relearn it all the next day again till it sticks, but thanks to you and others im slowly learning. im very slow at typing so cant reply to every one, im couldnt find the red dot but people are replying so thats very exciting for me. my problem is my doctor says i present well, so people dont relise the level of my learning dificulty, but its ok, just hope i havnt missed replying to some one, farm is a shoe string shambles, people buy eggs, piglets, plants,   but i cant talk face to face,  or make eye contact with people so it it must seem awkward to them  , im good on the phone so i used to have social contact that way, and i never know if people are giving me the right money but i always have enough to eat. and the shop lady takes the right money out of my hand so im happy, but also gets lonely here. what about you, if you are not a teacher , you should be. you have teaching skills, i got a pile of leftover stuff from the bakery so its feeding time for the animals and i dont want to loose my fingers. all the best. tonys  

Hi @tonys !

Congratulations! I got your ‘letter’ or post - directly to me! Well done on tagging!

I love hearing about your farm. I do love farms. I’ll send some photos of my farm trips. 

And please, don’t get your fingers bitten off by your beloved animals - we want to make sure you can type your letters to us!

I love Highland cows! They are gorgeous!

64F38865-874F-47BA-98F6-C9973242529F.jpeg

CE3C2D23-E46B-4F28-8E7B-FF3BD7FE27ED.jpeg

  

@BPDSurvivor thankyou for that. ill have to remember. to do it at the start of the letter now because wrote the letter and then forgot who it was going to. so i went back to the start of the letter and put in 2 peoples symbol in there and it looks like it worked.  im wondering if the second one went to the other person At the same time. anyway , i think people have worked out that im short a few sheep in the top paddock and they will hopefully ignore them. thanks again and for the pictures. i find watching all my critters eating cream buns very amusing. thank you again and i will sporadically keep chipping away at things. take care, stay safe, tonys

Hi @tonys , it's maddison here!

I got your letter in my notifications. Well done on learning how to tag people.

Don't worry about being 'a few sheep short' as you describe it! I can understand what you mean about your doctor saying that you present well & therefore people don't realise your intellectual disability.

You are doing so well. It must be quite an enormous effort. I know when I first started on here, I felt quite overwhelmed. There are so many new people and messages & different sections of the website to look at. It has taken me a few months of using the site regularly & I still feel confused, & forget who people are. Also, as you mentioned - it is so much harder online, than via phone or in person. It's easy to get people mixed up, because we can't see each other!

Thankyou for explaining how your learning works & how your brain injury effects you. It seems to be about retaining the information that is most difficult. The next day, you need to 're learn' things, until eventually it sticks. I can only imagine that it must be be very frustrating at times. I'm sorry that you have to go through this.

I can understand that it would also knock your confidence around a bit & make it scary to interact with people. Sometimes life is not fair! I think if people got to know you, you would be a great person to have around! 

I am not very social either, I can understand the lonliness.

Well, I hope I haven't made you sad! Oops..I personally think you are doing great on here & I know other members would agree. Well done, again!

I hope you enjoyed reading my letter. You don't have to respond. Take it easy & I would also be amused watching the animals eat the cream buns! Sounds tasty.

@maddison dont be worried, im very lucky that i expect very little from life, when you dont know what you are missing in life you dont, miss it  and im almost always happy , its one of the few benefits of being simple.  i hope hope you have a happy place in your head you can go to.  i saw a post from some one who has been trying to find a social site just for people with autism, so  im sure there is a need, for this there are lots of people with learning difficulties and im hoping one day someone sets some thing up, and ive asked them to let me know if they ever finds anything,  it is hard when you are not in a room with people that are similar in the brain department, but you just have to keep asking and looking. you take care and i leave you in peace thanks for everything

@tonys wrote:

@NatureLover thankyou so much. you must be a teacher to be so tolerant. ive been clicking on the spot that says hint to members. i ll leave you in peace, thanks again.

Hi @tonys , no, not a teacher, and I've been enjoying your thread 🙂

No need to "leave me in peace" - feel free to write or ask anything. 

I see you've learnt how to tag people - well done!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance