Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: beginer on a computor

Hi @tonys , good to hear from you!

Regarding your post that came through blank, the moderators always email us if we have written something against the rules, and explain why, and give us the chance to amend our post. Also, if that was the case, your post would just vanish entirely, instead of being blank. 

Because your post is still there, but has an S through it and is blank, that makes me think you might have pressed a random button accidentally and deleted the content and then sent it blank. 

By the way, why do you call your posts "kites"? 🙂

Hi @maddison , thanks for your sweet message ❤️ I'm doing OK thanks. How about you? 

Calm is a lovely thing to wish for people ❤️ so I wish it for you too. 

Hey mate @tonys  Good to hear from you.

I doubt computer skills are going to save the world, no matter how much that idea is sold.

Having trouble stringing any words together atm ..lol

Sometimes there is a flood and other times a drought.

Cioa Apple

You might receive two messages as I always have to correct what I write after I have sent it.

My son the IT expert cringes.

Tis me

🙃

Thank you for remembering me and including me @tonys 

Computer skills for me will never improve as I hate computers.

I am happy enough with what I can achieve.

I also do not believe that it is always the user not the system theory. A statement created by computer technology world to cover up their messes or inefficient systems.

Great that you are still enjoying life in the big City.

Will get around to responding to you from other thread.

Have not been about.

See I do know how to be kind to myself laugh and tell others to do so often enough.

Nothing deep today

Sophia 1

sending you a hug

Hi @tonys 

I'm thinking how wonderful your previous kite's were to me.

I was re- reading. I'm certain they deserve at least that.

Please don't feel any obligation to reply..I only wanted to say hello, hope you are well today. Hope you are smiling or crying - I seem to do both lately & can't tell the difference. Thankyou for adding words to my life. They mean so much to me.

Go slow mate. xx

@maddison ... You do have a depth to youre duffle bag ...   Eanesce.....   I like it, big time....  Its entropy with velvet gloves.    The way you present this dish makes acceptance of the inevitable linger and dance on the palate.    Thankyou maddison for this gift.   Time spent with you is always a joy..  tonys moonbase one.

@NatureLover ,  Thankyou for taking time out to explain all that ,   and your right,  eventually it showed up in my email box .  Maybe some one has to read it be fore it gets acknowledged.  @Sophia1  gave me the idea of writing letters in a journal and i take a pic with my phone just be fore i hit the post button.   Its saved me a few times.                                                                     You ask why i call posts kites, Fridge=ridgy didge.......tomatoe sause = dead hourse.....feel a bit crook,= butchers hook,   police,   .. the jacks...    jail the... big house..... Colloquialisms...  If i can add a splash of colour , i try...

I   have a box of letters decades old.   Swirls of ink,  quality paper,  old stamps,  pictures, locks of golden hair, and the fragrance of the author still lingers....  I trust them.   I like to put pressed flowers and lavender oil in the letters i sent.  Thousands of old, infirm,  or disabled people, struggling  with poor rural reception or no money to afford it would regard electronic letters less trustworthy.   The internet connection,   $900,   a computor  $850.  tech support,  medi bank private, optus, hacks.   billions lost in scams,  internet dating abuses,   I use it , but i dont yet trust it,.....   yet...    Great for surfing the  net,  but nothing beats a real letter or hearing some ones voice on the phone... and its way faster and cheaper.   To a cow poke,  a red gum post is tangible.   A kite, ...... you let it go , ...may be it flys ,  maybe it doesnt.....   It helps me to write and i guess for some one who has not yet found a friend to ring when i need one,  that is the point of the service you provide,  and im grateful ,  I just have a nagging feeling that part of the social isolation and mental health problems are the result of our reliance on the internet.  Twitter ,trump, ....   i Better go hadnt i.   how is your stomach ailment.   hope its on the improve..  I do appreciate all your advice and help.    stay safe .... tonys moon base one  

Thanks for your nice long post, @tonys !

@tonys wrote:

A kite, ...... you let it go , ...may be it flys ,  maybe it doesnt.....   

Ah, I see! 🙂

You certainly put heaps of colour into your kites, they're a treat to read, you never know what will be in them!! 😄

My stomach's fine thanks, all OK here. Hope all OK with you too. Are you still in the city? 

Hey @tonys  - I just wanted to say: computers are probably the most infuriating things on the planet. I’m actually studying a bachelors of information technology/computer science, and I can say with confidence: computers do exactly what you tell them to do and never what you want them to do.

Never feel stupid for needing to ask stuff about computers. You’d be surprised at the “dumb” mistakes that can be made by software engineers with years of experience!

Hope you’re feeling ok today.

@Bismuth    hello,     what a beauty......    im going wright that one down,   im a L 2 autistic,  and well.......    best laugh for a while......   Thanks..    The grave yards are littered with good people that have past,  well before there time,  attempting to teach me something...   what can i say,   i have a brain injury,    but i never fret too much about it.  .... Someones gotta pick the fruit and shovel the sh.....t  .  Those with the gifts of knowledge and wisdom like you, help steer us straight when needed.   .... However for your own sanity,   if some one in a old trench coat,   moth eaten hat , that has to bend over and sideways to fit through your door sporting a stupid look fronts up for help......  make any excuse you can,.. and get outta there!!!.....  It might be me..   Jokes aside,  I dont take myself to seriously,  and thanks for the belly laugh..   Top of the world to you sir, and congratulations on your studies and achievements..    tonys ..moonbase one      

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance