Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: beginer on a computor

Hi and welcome, @tonys ! It's good to have you here. 

From what I read, I think you might be looking for a live chat room? 

Unfortunately. the SANE forums don't have a live chat room. The way the forums operate is exactly as you've been doing - you type a post, then people type a post in reply to yours. 

People may reply straight away, or there may be a wait till they see your post. 

Well done for figuring out how to start your own thread, being a beginner! (A thread is your own topic that you started.) 

You're doing well! 

hi, first thankyou so much nature for letting me know that there isnt a live chat room. it took me many hours to come to that conclusion too but i doubted my self because im not computor literate. when i saw your letter it i was so gratefull. i would have been at it for days otherwise. i went to the place on the website where i could see all my letters to try and put this reply there and it wouldnt let me do it so im hoping you may be able to redirect it there or just tell every one thanks  so much. the trouble with brain injury is that much of what you learn is lost again the next day. but ill battle on. now a big messge just appeared on my screen that says unable to complete your action so this may have been typed for nothing

i will try to respond to my own letter to see if it shows up where all my other letters are. when i scroll down to the bottom of where all my letter are, i cant find a see anything that says ,type new letter here. trying to thank nature for letting me know there is no live chat room, they saved me days of searching but the site wouldnt let me do it so if this works, thanks so much. i should add that the brain injury i have means i retain little of what ive learnt the day before so i have to keep practicing. take care everyone

hello there , i only just found the spot to see replies, up till now ive been doing it from my email box, they end up at the at the admin office and they have been  very kindly putting them where they are ment to be. i liked your picture, looks a bit like me, thats being unkind to the camel, not much of a farm actually, more like a hobby, the chooks have the run of the place, the pigs are my favorites, i like to hose them and they follow me around, we are on a par intellectualy. they have the edge, theyre bigger. its in northern nsw, and its a quiet place i use for forgetting things. how about you. i hope that life has been kind to you and put you in a place of acceptance and belonging. i had better say that anything i achieve on a computor is a fluke, pushing hundreds of buttons lots of failings and quantim lottery wishful thinking. cut, paste etc is beyond me. so hope you get this. i hope life wraps you in a warm blanket of peace yours in good faith tonys.

I chuckled at your post @tonys . You are extremely eloquent, and I love the way you describe the animals and the farm. As I've mentioned before, this site can get quite tricky to navigate so you are doing a great job.

I can see you hosing the pigs down and having fun with them. I love farms. But yes, I know it can be a bit lonely, especially for people who barely have internet connection!

What's your favourite animal on your farm?

tyme

Hi @tonys 

Welcome to the forums.

You are doing a great job.

I had quick read of this thread, & I can understand (almost) everything you are saying and trying to work out.

If it makes you feel any better, I also found this SANE website a bit confusing when I first started. There are still things, I don't know how to do properly, or find it hard to go back & find the place that I was on before!

It's a bit different than many other websites. Hang in there, you are doing fantastic - & explaining yourself well too.

If you want to reply directly to someone:

Click on reply button (I know you already worked it out- to go to SANE & don't reply through your email)

Then when the new comment box open for you to type, type the @ symbol before someone name. Eg. @tonys 

A suggestion box will show up & you can click on user that way too, to make it easier.

Thankyou for posting. And I agree with @BPDSurvivor , you have been very gracious and kind. It is a pleasure to read your thread.

It is probably very frustrating - I think technology has a special way of frustrating everyone at times. Try to be kind to yourself - you are doing good.

Kind regards,

maddison

hi, finally found the little ( new) word spot at the right hand top of the site page  where i can see letters and replies , if you got my letter thanking you, ignore this one. otherwise many thanks for your help, may life bring you peace, yours  in good faith, tonys   ps no need to reply, as its still taking me a while to retain what im learning.

thank for your reply. i found the tiny (new) word at the top right hand cnr of the first web page with some help, and that oppenned a few more doors, and now im playing catchup try to reply, i didnt put that @ symbol in, would the letters i sent still get to the people, i would hate them you think these people will get the letter s i sent. i would worry if people think i dont reply .many thanks, tonys  @

hi there, pigs are the most like people but you have to let them run around and they are destructive. if im making porridge or brewing ginger beer its best to leave the back door open. they dont knock, they just go on through it. chooks are the gift that never stops giving, cat, dog, horse, cow, we all have our role in the scheme of things, but why did i end up at the bottom of the pecking order, Trees,, trees are my favorite . they are old and wise, they cant, run, they just stand there and take it. whatever time throws at them. if people were like trees humanity would be a forest off peace. a quilt of comfort we could all find shelter in. thanks so much for yours and every ones help and kindness.   brain hurts , sleeptime, tonys,

Hi @tonys , I can see you're doing well and getting the hang of the forums here!

I'm sorry to hear about your brain injury 😞

I will tag those people you replied to, so they can see your messages to them above: @Historylover  @Basil  @Acacia  @BPDSurvivor  @tyme  @maddison 

You do need to tag them for them to see your replies to them. Tagging means typing @ and then clicking on a name in the drop-down box. 

I went looking for your thread, that's why I found your replies to me (thank you). 

If people reply to you and tag you, you will get a notification both at the "New" in the top right corner on the website, and in your email inbox. 

I am generally only on the forums in the early mornings, but others will be around during the day and evening. 

Sending you good wishes, @tonys ...

P. S. I like trees too!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance