Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Dealing with intrusive thoughts - my struggle!

Hi @Molliex
I hope the psych is helpful and informative for you my friend.
Meds are useful like that. I take something which tends to knock me out. It's good
Maybe too good..
Meds are always a bit strange to figure out

Yes of course @Molliex , I can see that being home alone for long periods may play havoc with your intrusive thoughts. 👎😌

Being at work and fully occupied and distracted from internal thought processes is clearly preferable. But not if you are not ready, or not equipped with tools to deal with the anxiety and thoughts that involves. I hope your work obliges with your request for reduced hours, and also that your psych has some solutions tomorrow to help. Have faith that this is a temporary setback, and that things will improve. 😀

Sherry 💕

Thanks @Former-Member I should hear back tomorrow. Hope you've had a good day 🌻

Yes they're definitely strange @MDT! I did a really good work out at the gym today, so hopefully I can sleep without them. Thanks for your kind thoughts 🌿

Hello..Im intruding but I dont know how to post

Hi @Lorenza  and welcome 

Please feel free to join in where you feel comfortable  and  create a thread  for yourself as well 

We do have sn Introduce yourself here thread that you  might like to join in with as well. 

A forum  tip is to put an @ before a members name and itll tag them for you 

Hi @Lorenza and welcome to the forums from me too.

It’s great that you posted here.  Is the topic something you relate to ?

As @outlander offered, the links she has provided open to other threads you might like to have a look at as well.  Feel free to ask any questions you may have, and join in anywhere you would like to.

Hi @Lorenza welcome. How are you? @outlander has posted some thread info for you, but you're welcome to chat here too. 

How was your, psych appointment @Former-Member? 

thoughts6-025128_1.jpeg

Hi @Molliex  learned a lot reading this discussion - thank you for starting it. I've been inspired to relook at ACT therapy (forgot that that's what we were working on a couple years back when i lived in Qld). Knowing my own values is still a work in progress too. 

I can relate to much of what you're going through. With suicidal thoughts - they're like a disease what hat come and go but one thing I've learned is to see them as my urgent 'red flag' that I'm under too much stress and to take measures to reduce stress levels. S.I. use to really scare me because I thought I would act... anxiety levels skyrocket distress... Since I see it as a red flag to tend to self care... its power is reduced. Talking about it with ppl who don't panic also helps.

Mindfulness practices through the day really helps reset brain activity in a way I don't understand. But also, especially in the moment,  when really overwhelmed. Engaging those five senses with slow deliberate breathing saved me.

Try making a word cloud of your values, what's important to you... Its fun. 

Don't give up 💗

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance