Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Worry Room - Get it out, and walk away: No responses please

I did something that should feel really bad but doesn't. I worry about why it doesn't feel bad. Not long ago it would have. What's changed? Am I broken?

Its like fighting a never ending battle. A battle i dont think ill ever win.

I worry that it’s never going to get any better for me. What if this is as good as it gets?

Virtually none of my 10 or so trips to NSW (relatives), over the past 25 years – have I ever got to see anything (at all) in NSW.

No day trips anywhere, no nothing – I’ve been basically stuck in one place (in a house) in the suburbs, for 8 to 13 days.

Just like my childhood home (upbringing).

Only once I think, did Dad organise to take me to Jenolan Caves (whilst there) – that was in 2004, a very long time ago (15 years ago).

He passed away 4 years ago.

Every single year, for the past 25 years (since in WA), I get the same text messages & emails (from several Cousins) –

“When are you moving back to NSW”?, “You must come to NSW” (for a Holiday?!) - to be stuck in a house in the suburbs for 13 days & see absolutely nothing.

The last 3 or 4 trips to NSW (to see relatives), no-one provided me a bed to sleep in (the spare bed was covered in junk) – so I slept on the floor.

How/ Why?

I miss some of them a lot – why don’t they come over here, to visit me?

Most of my Cousins are in their late 60’s – I’ve been in WA for 25 years, so we would not know or recognise each other anymore.

I cannot afford another wasted "Relatives Trip" (not holiday) to NSW at their insistence.

The city in NSW is virtually the only City that I have ever flown to (10 or so times) from WA – that means that I have not got to go anywhere else, for a holiday (except a few short driving trips around WA), 10 years ago.

I just need a proper relaxing holiday, just for me, not to NSW (cannot afford & don't relax).

It’s all too much.

Adge

I lied to my mother today. In fact over the past few days. It doesnt matter what about it is that I dont like lying. It doesnt come naturally to me.I just want to be left in peace. I feel like my head is about to explode. So much stress. I know if I wasnt on medication I would have chatter but that is contined by the medication. I feel like curling up in a ball and covering my ears as the sensation of chattering is strong. The voices are nattering away at my brain.

Watching a podcast. The host is looking at their camera (at the podcast guest) with such intense concentration and listening presence that it's difficult for me to watch. I don't know when anyone has looked at me that way. My psych sort of does but I can't look at him while I'm talking about anything other than work or the weather. Being looked at like that seems terrifying at the same time.
I feel so alone and disconnected. I don't post this stuff in any other thread because of the fear that no one will respond. At least here I'm in control of that.

It’s all just too hard. I don’t know if I can keep doing this. Nothing ever changes.

@Maggie I hope you're ok. We're here x

@CherryBomb 

I worry I am so broken, weird and unlikeable. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance