Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Hot Chocolate Anyone ?

Hi @Determined I have done that now. It should have slotted in, in order of posting.

Let me know if I have missed any posts

Nik

Re: Hot Chocolate Anyone ?

Thanks @NikNik much appreciated 😊

Re: Diary of wifes hospital stay - hooding it together for our family

What a difficult situation you are in @Determined. I think you made the right call in telling her to wait until she sees the other doctor. Whist you probably know her best, an impartial decision might be the right way to go.

Your Darling wanting you to tell her what to do puts a huge responsibility and stress on you. It's a good thing that she appears to be improving. If only it were that simple but there is no way of knowing at this point in time which is the way to go.

Wish I could offer some help but I feel like I'm talking around in circles. I can only imagine the confusion you are feeling. Making that decision is the hardest thing. Once you decide, then put your energy into getting the best outcome. If at that stage you stop and think about it too much, there will always be "if only and what if" playing around in your head.

This is coming cross like a future déjà vu for me at the moment @Determined .... once my darling is found to be as ill as he is and we start the processes involved in trying to get him sorted out, I will be here in your shoes with you ....

Take the time to breathe, and try to step back from the muddle a bit ..... hopefully a clearer view of what is happening and a more confidence-inspired path will emerge ....

I agree.  I think it is wise to see what the second opinion turns up .....

Hugs @Determined ..... keep swimming .... 🐠🐟🐡🐬 ....

Thanks @soul wasnt expecting any magic answers, just helps to talk it through. In my heart i think I know what we need to do. Problem is I dont know if the heart is argueing witht the head or the other way around (does that make sense?)

The most important thing for me is that my darling is 100% confident with her decision and that I am there  support her through this. In my mind if she is unsure then it is the wrong decioion. I have accepted that this will happen sooner rather than later, i just dont want the process rushed. 

I do hope you have some direction very soon as this uncertainty must be awful. Is your Darling in the right state to make those decisions for herself? Just asking.

May the force be with your whole family right now. .

At the moment I think she can make that decision for herself @soul, if I thought otherwise I would be telling the dr and if he did not listen would take it further. When it was first raised earlier in the year she definatly was not in that position and I was insistent on that, thankfully my concerns were heeded and it was put off and she improved greatly without it. Unfortunately she was discharged from hospital far too early against my wishes so here we are again 😕

Wishing better days ahead @Determined

Good morning all 🙂

Great to see you reaching out for support here @Determined the forum community welcome you with open arms and hearts.

Sounds like there is much happening in your world at the moment. I often need to remind myself when I'm juggling lots the need to try and be kind to myself and take time out even if just moments, when I can or when needed. I felt my desire to remind you of that for you too.

Your love and hope shines through in your posts for your darling and children, such beautiful qualities.   

I can hear the importance for you in your darling seeking treatment that is respectful and suited to her needs. I hope things becoming a little clearer as the day or days progress.

Thinking of you 

Thanks for the group hug @soul, pic just came through now. (Bit of rain about and my net conection is on the blink).  Extra special cus meerkat are one of my fav animals. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance