Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Diary of wifes hospital stay - hooding it together for our family

Morning @Determined

I can move your posts over. You can let me know which page/s your posts are on and an indication of which ones on those pages.

You can email us directly on team@saneforums.org or post your request here and I will follow up 🙂

Hi @Faith-and-Hope

Hope you dont mind me answering your question over here.

S2 is at a christian school and yes there is lots of wonderful support there, just didnt need everyone knowing there was problems and it could have been easily prevented. 

Thankfully one the  ladies in the office who knows us overheard a discussion amongst the 'authority' figures, principle etc. as they were heading out to search for him and asked could they leave him alone and let her deal with it as he likes her. (Well outside her position) thankfully they allowed her request and she was able to turn things around. 

Hi @Determined

That is one of the beauties of Christian faith ... it has "rules" and principles of its own, so effectively you have a secular system co-existing with a faith system, and in this case the faith system took precedence, whereas the teacher chose a secular approach, which was within their "rights" but was lacking in the faith ethos you had anticipated .... and yes, very disappointing in the moment .... but please wait for, and perhaps anticipate, something powerfully positive to emerge from this situation .... cold comfort at the moment, but sending you warm hugs of support from here.

🤝💕

I can understand that you wanted to keep the matter as private as possible @Determined. It's awful that it wasn't handled sensitively as it clearly has added to your stress.

Re: Hot Chocolate Anyone ?

@Determined Have left a reply on the other thread... Hope the meeting does help. And I also really hope that @Faith-and-Hope is right, and you'll find some unexpected support coming out of the woodwork. The fact that another parent was concerned about what has happened is a promising start. 

Our daughter is very good at hiding her MI issues in public, so a lot of our friends are surprised when we tell them she's actually having major problems. We have found a lot of them are very supportive. One particularly supportive lady at our church used to work in a psych hospital, and has informally been a support person for someone else at church who has similar issues to our daughter. There are a lot of people out there who either have a MI, or have a close friend or family member who does, and a lot of them may come out of hiding once they know that you're going through it too, so you can relate to them and won't judge then.

Thank you for your help @NikNik

If you could please move the discussion across starting with my good morning to @soul on page 541 of hot chocolate anyone ? thread that would be much appreciated. Thanks heaps 🙂 

Feel free to reach out to us @Determined. You are not alone.

F5CE712E-4C38-4CC0-8697-2F829017549E-6549-000006149D992925.jpeg

Thank you @soul @Faith-and-Hope @Smc

It has helped to talk this morning. 

Little people are starting to go crazy (being stuck inside due to rain does tha lol) so better go do some activities with them. They are nagging me to watch star wars with them, not my cuo of tea but if it makes them happy its ans easy ask I guess 🙂 

@soul @Faith-and-Hope @Smc @NikNik 

Darling just called to say she wants to come home but wants to be better, wants me to tell her what to do but I am not the right person given how emotional I am about the upcoming process. 

She is so much more home sick than any of her previous stays in hospital, I just think if she is not 100% sure about the treatment she should not be doing it but given how I have expressed my reservations it would be easy to question my motives. (I question them myself 😞 )

I suggested she discuss he feelings when she speaks with the 2nd opinion doctor today or Monday, No indication on when it will be, she has to just sit around waiting.  

I can see a definate change in her thinking and awareness (positive) since they started reducing her meds. 

??? Dont know what to tel her 😓

Both our mums would like me to stop her from having the treatment so no use talking to them. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance