Skip to main content

Re: Talk about Homeless

@PeppyPatti @MermaidHair @Glisten @TAB 

Thanks for your interest.

@OM108 good morning, or is it arvo? On the question of sharing, the answer is yes,no.

Tranquility and environmental safety is key, and I don't have that right now.

@Glisten wrote:

@NatureLover  I don’t have stable accommodation. I’m relying on friends.

Very sorry to hear, @Glisten  😢

The view of people in homelessness is that they are all on drugs/alcoholics. And that they chose it. 

I spent oover 6 months homeless when I first moved to Perth. No one would help coz my mental health was too bad, and mental health services wouldn't help because I was homeless. 

The communities view of the homeless need to change. I have so many friends in full time jobs struggle to get a place to stay. I know some who sleep in cars or motels/backpackers. If the full time employed and stable are homeless, what do those of us who struggle with various issues/employment have. 

Government housing shouldn't be the only option. Homes west wait list is like over 3 years. It institutionalises people far more than people like to admit and causes generational dependence and poverty. 

I don't know the answers but something seriously has to be done. 

@The-red-centaur 

If we do nothing, nothing happens. It is in the best interest of all members of the Forum to email their State and Federal Government representative.

There is a National Housing and
Homelessness Plan consultation summary report available.

https://engage.dss.gov.au/developing-the-national-housing-and-homelessness-plan/developing-the-natio...

2025 State and Federal elections are 6 months away. Email or Homelessness will not get further than a report.

G

I think we might be losing the battle, the eviction campaign against me was perfectly timed. The jackals etal might yet find me living in my tiny two door car. I just paid the rego and new tyres. I'm good to.

Conspiracy or no conspiracy.

Empathetic @NatureLover 

My friend inherited a unit and she's my brother's best friend. She gets phone calls all the time from friends of friends who hear she's going to rent it -- 

Yes @Stout 

I completely felt your pain. 

I'll think about what ide do next step because this is not good.....

I'm currently one of the hidden homeless...yes i have a roof over my head but zero basic amenities. I'm on govt payments with a pet so no real estate agent is going to give me a second glance. My mental health is circling the drain. Yet there are so many ppl worse off...how could i dare compete for a place...I can't live like this...

@PeppyPatti , your not wrong. Pain. Torture

I know now, what helped me to loose my flat. Not only was it community malevolence, but I was also heavily injected with antipsychotics by the time I got the flat. Without being cognisant of the bad state I was in and it's cause, I started drinking and the rest is history. The church, having no regard for the living, was a sick landlord. Stories to tell too. I never stood a chance.

You suggested I do something to help myself, do you have any ideas. I note you see urgency