Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: My Mosaic

Yay @Bow  about your pdoc staying! And well done for advocating for yourself so strongly in hospital, I am so impressed 🙂

I hope you can get answers from someone soon about what a planned admission would look like. 

Sending hugs 💜

@Bow glad you could crawl into bed with your daughter. I'm sure she loved having you home with her.

I hope today has gone ok for you hon 💗💗

@Bow  Hope you are OK... 🤞

Bow
Senior Contributor

I seen my psychologist this morning. I had wanted to go in there to kinda debrief from my week in hospital. After an initial check in she started talking about this being our last session together, talking as if it was common knowledge. I sat silently. Not sure what to say. Then told her I wasn’t aware it was our last session. I was totally unprepared for that. Maybe that was a good thing. Glad I did manage to get out of hospital cause otherwise I wouldn’t have seen her again. But now it just feels weird. I’m sad. 

I'm so sorry hon @Bow that it was your last session. I know how hard it is to change psych's and to start new with another psych. It feels like we are going back to the start.

No doubt you are sad and I'm sure there are a lot of other emotions coming to the surface.

Can you try and do something nice for yourself this afternoon? 

Just know that we are listening and are here for you hon 💕💕

That must of come of a bit of a shock to you @Bow to not know / realise it was your last session with your psychologist.

I can understand why it would feel weird / sad. I hope you are okay.

Sending hugs,

FloatingFeather

Bow
Senior Contributor

I’ve got questions. Things that I wanna know. My psych said she would be around until Wednesday. I can’t contact her until then. 

When she told me that she was leaving, she said she would make sure she hands me over to someone that does schema therapy. I did ask her that today. Whether my new psych does it, she said she didn’t know. She also said she would do a meet and greet with my new one. That hasn’t happened. I really like my psych. She says all the right things. But often her actions don’t match. Just feel like I’ve been palmed off to some random. 
My new psych is only in Wednesday and Fridays. I don’t want Friday appointments. If I open a can of worms in session I want to be able to reach out for support afterwards. Not be left the deal with it and spiral over the weekends. And I think that maybe I have briefly met my new psych, and if it’s who I think it is, she is young. Which I’m not keen on at all. I really appreciate a psych who has a bit of life experience. Someone who has lived a little. I know I can’t make judgements on someone I haven’t even met properly yet. But I am not feeling at all positive about this change. And I feel like I have absolutely zero control or say in the matter either. I expressed my concern to my psych today, that I was worried that I would not have as good a connection with my new psych. My psych said to give it a chance. It will take time. I really hope that my psych does a good hand over. Pass on information that is important to me. 

At the end of my session today my psych asked if she could give me a hug. I said of course. She also gave me a new journal and a new pen with a card she had written in. When my psych told me she was leaving, I wanted to give her something. It’s what I like to do, it’s who I am. I was tossing up between a plant that I had propagated a long time ago and it has grown heaps since and a piece of art work. A replica of a piece that I did that came out of some work I did with her. She really loved it. I’ve decided on the art work. I came straight home and started on it. I will get it finished before Wednesday and drop it off to her. I will put together some words in a card too since I couldn’t say much today. 

Your psych seems so nice @Bow I love that she gave you a journal and a pen. I hope you are able to use them.

Hopefully your new psych is just as nice and can support you in the future 💕💕

Bow
Senior Contributor

Feel absolutely pathetic. 

that I have these thoughts

that I would consider doing what my head is telling me to do over something so stupid and small

@Bow 

Reach out for help hon. You can get through this

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance