Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: My Mosaic

Oh @Bow I don't see this as overreacting, I feel like there's been a lack of communication among the staff and led to this 'mess'. I hate to call it that but it really sounds awful. I do hope you get to leave soon. No need to say sorry for your post being so long. It's good that it help you to process things. 

Take care 

Hanami

Hi @Bow,

That must of been a pretty confronting experience. I think you did so well to stand your ground and got to speak to a psychiatrist. It also sounds like you did a great job expressing yourself and telling her your story. I'm glad she took the time to not only listen to you but hear what you had to say.

I'm really happy for you that you will get home today.

Warm wishes,

FloatingFeather  

@Bow so glad you stood up for yourself hon and demanded that you see someone. Showing so much strength and courage is something I admire about you all the time.

I hope at least the few days in have helped, I'm sure D is looking forward to seeing you. 

Well done @Bow . You did great but I wish you didn’t have to be so assertive over something that was being relayed incorrectly.

Take heart, your courage is intact.

Homeward bound 💙🙏💙

Bow
Senior Contributor

I’m home! I’m so glad to be home. I squeezed my little girl for so long. She was so happy to see me. 

I always feel a bit emotional coming home… being home. I dont know why. But I’m ok. Community mh will come visit on Sunday, my pdoc requested that I agree to that as a condition of coming home, which is perfectly fine, I would have requested it anyways. 

I’ve also been sent home on potassium supplements, which I was a bit surprised by. I did have bloods done, but wasn’t expecting my electrolytes to be that low. Will ask my case manager to have a look at my records and see what it actually was. 

sad though. My daughter has gone off to try a sleep over at her fathers tonight. She hasn’t been able to do Saturday nights and he somehow thinks Fridays will be different??? At least I will be here if she ends up home later tonight. 

I forgot to share yesterday, my pdoc is no longer leaving. My case manager visited yesterday and she told me. Would have much preferred if she told me my psychologist wasn’t leaving. I’m not so attached to my pdoc. 

I really appreciate everyone here so much. Your support through so much means heaps to me. 

Woohoo @Bow so glad to hear that you are home now.

I'm sure your daughter loved to be with you again and having cuddles. I'm sure it makes her so happy to see you again, even if she did go of to her Dad's house.

Good news about your pdoc hon. At least you won't have to start all over again with someone new.

I hope you are able to get a good nights sleep tonight, there is nothing like our own bed!!

Welcome home @Bow !

This has been so important for you. I've seen how challenging things have been for you lately. It sounds like this short stay can really act as a circuit breaker.

I know it has helped me in the past.

When and if things start to get difficult in the future, would you consider a short stay an option? This may be something you can discuss with your team.

Hugs

@Bow 🫂💖🫂💖
Bow
Senior Contributor

Thank you everyone for your support and encouragement @tyme @creative_writer @Snowie @Eve7 @FloatingFeather @hanami 

I’ve just had the nicest refreshing shower, taken my meds and crawled into bed with my daughter. (Yes she is home from her dads. I think we are going to shelf overnights for a while).

@tyme maybe it is something that I will consider in the future… as long as it doesn’t turn into the horrible mess this admission has been. I never did really get an answer from anyone about what a planned admission would look like. 

Sleep well my friend @Bow 

💙🙏💙

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance