Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Word for the Day - Comfort or Play

lol @Hope4me  me lubberlie lol

I dont really know much about her @Hope4me

Hi @Hope4me  and everyone else here.

Thats true, I didnt say what type of fashion I was into.  Difficult for me to say really, its not something I ever really follow.  Generally I tend to be a few years behind the fashion trends.  I dont tend to buy a lot of clothes, but have a few old favourites which I tend to wear to death, until I'm forced to throw them in the rag bag.  I am definitely one for comfort and practicality, I detest anything tight or restrictive. I guess if I had to select a 'type' of fashion I think 'classic' would probably come closest.  Not into trendy or punk. Like casual for daytime, but love to dress up in something elegant for a rare evening out.

Sherry 

she's a cute little pixie, even a gay icon these days(?) was in some really classic movies @eudemonism  she was one of top rated actresses in the golden Age of Hollywood. Daughter to Belgian Royals, british by nationality, she trained as a ballerina, worked as a chorus girl and roles played included a prostitute. A style icon. She later worked for UNICEF 

thanks for starting this thread back up @Hope4me xo

Yea i wonder what motivated her toward that type of lifestyle @Hope4me ssorry @TAB 

.. well I did a summary of wikipedia page already @eudemonism  plenty of info around I guess 

Beautiful 😊:ok_hand:

so nice of you to post these images. 

🙏 thank you 

Thanks for making it @Nay69 Smiley Very Happy

Morning to all..🖐

@Maggie @Faith-and-Hope @outlander @Shaz51 @Razzle @Appleblossom @LadyleahRDBloom

@Darcy @Corny @Zoe7 @eth @utopia @TAB @Sophie1 @Queenie @eudemonism @Nikki222 

@Sherry @Sans911 @greenpea @BlueBay @frog @Mazarita @Dec @SunFlower_7 @Determined @Aeiou @Jojo7 @EOR @Smc @Snowie @The-red-centaur @Mumi @Nay69 @Peri @Lauz @nashy 

@Teej @Starta @5-HT @soul @lisajane @Adge @Jupiter @Betharina 

I thought I might use two words today as they go hand in hand with each other.

Inner Beauty!

I remember sewing a coctail dress to wear out to a Xmas dinner at the club. It was sleeveless, pale apricot, with a hankerchief hem and made from flowing silky fabric. I also made a thin scarf from the same material to wrap around my neck and compliment the dress. With subtle make-up, long hair in curls and the perfect stiletto's, I felt so beautiful it gave me goosebumps.

During the night I was confident, social, flirty and full of smiles. I'm not beautiful or pretty by social standards, but feeling the way I did was a very close 2nd. The compliments I received were all about my demeanour.

Do you have a story or picture about inner beauty?Shallow Hal.jpg

i am more than sure your beautiful every day but your dress sounds lovely and even better you made it yourself! @Hope4me
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance