Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Saturday Soiree - all welcome!!

Thank @Former-Member Good to see you.

Not sure where to start.

Volunteer guy who fed & watered my Birds (all 3 Aviaries) - When I was in Hospital, for my 1st Emergency Bowel Surgery (then had 2nd Emergency Surgery).

He ripped up the flooring wire in 3 separate aviaries - With a Shovel, he tore it to shreds.

Then he made a formal Complaint to the RSPCA (proved wrong) - That I was mistreating my Birds, While I was in Hospital (& almost died twice Nurses & Drs said).

RSPCA Inspector came & Inspected - He was Happy & Confident (after Inspection) that I look after my Birds Very Well (Happy & Healthy).

So the Floor wire has remained in Shreds (Ripped-Up), mostly gone - Ever since then (6 & 1/2 years ago).

It's a 3 person Job to Replace that Aviary Flooring Wire -

- 2 people have to lift each Aviary up (one at each end), while the 3rd person Places a Pre-Cut (pre-Measured) Sheet of Wire under each Aviary.

- Then they put each Aviary back down on the Flooring Wire Sheet.

- Then you can attach the wire at the sides (wire it on).

I do not have 3 people, there is just me.....

Plus frames are rusting - not too bad yet.

Aviaries don't come with flooring Wire on them (mostly) - You do need it, it stops Rodents getting in (birds getting out).

Maybe will have to somehow buy whole new Aviaries (someday soon) - Maybe that's the only solution.

Cannot afford new Aviaries right now - Plus it takes 3 people to carry an Aviary into the Backyard (over Fences & Gates etc).

Adge

A Boilermaker @TAB Very Good.

I think you are a Rare Trade, or have Rare (special) Skills, these days.

Adge

Hmm no @Former-Member basically weld and fabricate metal
Was Cert III in Heavy Fabrication
Trade papers say Boilermaker Welder
Yes I could make a boiler depending on where I worked. Havent tho. I repaired a heat exchanger from a hospital once?
Made industrial sheds from scratch made pipe work from an inch to 2 metres diameter
Worked on building new prawn boats , made mobile ph tower antenna elements built mine plants, worked in gas plants, fitted out trucks to be maintenance vehicles made oil tanks, made diesel tanks etc, made attachments for big wheel loaders, fixed buckets on same, made platforms and stairs til cows come home , handrails ,gridmesh,lots construction and maintenance

A very good question @Former-Member I don't exactly know what a Boilermaker does (either) @TAB 

Ah the cyclone that would be have been intense

Hopefully you get up and running quickly

Relieved to hear U have access to net 

Well Yes @Former-Member My Learning capabilities are Diminishing.

I've not learned much New, in Decades....

Need to Hold Dementia off - Yes I need to start practicing, learning new things.

& Remembering/ Refreshing my Old knowledge (it's fading away Fast)....

Adge

Someone who did that even 10 years after I did didn't get taught same things @Adge well at Tafe depends where you work re knowledge these days

Could put new floor in from inside @Adge , just im smaller pieces overlapping tie wire w soft wire

Oh Sheesh! @TAB - that's incredible. Ok, more like an engineer then, by metal & welding makes sense. I dated a boilermaker in the navy in the 70s, didn't talk much about his work. 🤗

Sounds like Good possiblity @TAB Smaller wire sheets from inside Aviary (with Tie wire).

I shall have to think that one through...

Adge

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance