Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Saturday Soiree - all welcome!!

@Shaz51 @Former-Member@@Former-Member @Smc @Determined @TAB 

I just did my Aviaries (Seed & Water) for the week.

Plus more cleaning/ maintenance - So it took me nearly 2 hours.

That's just the start, surface of it.

I need major maintenance done - & I cannot physically (or technically) do it all myself.

My Aviaries have been there almost 20 years, with virtually no replacement of wire or metal.

They are rusted at the base (frame)....

Adge

Glad you have gen set @HenryX i had no power 4 days 2017 took ph to local gym to get charged. Lamps bout since have died have a supply of batteries for torches, and a decent powerbank now. I was charging ph off laptop lol
Hope it gets better for you soon 😅

Good Luck @Adge hope you get it sorted. Might be surprised what you can do.

YouTube videos can be very helpful @Adge

Hey, hi @Adge, thanks for tagging me. I really wish I could come help you fix the series, or send TAB out to give you a hand lol But We're limited to words here. Have you got a tip shop, recycle shop where you are? Good for building materials. I'm sure you could start a thread with photos and get all tips on this project. Zoe7 healped me do up chest of drawers 🤗 It's been dark here, and rain, forgot you were few hours west lol
🕊🐦🐥🐦🐥🐦🐥🕊

@ Tab works as Boilermaker when he works @Former-Member @Adge would be an easy job for me. Wish could help you

@TAB @HopefulWarrior @eth @Judi9877 @Shaz51 @EOR @Darcy @Smc  @Determined @Adge

Hi TAB, Yes It is times such as this that we review our resources to see that they will carry us through any predictable but infrequent events. It's things like the hook for the connection of the power line to the house coming adrift. Then Western Power says it no longer complies with regulations and disconnects my power line from the pole. So now to get an electrician to reconnect the house correctly then Western Power to come back and reconnect the house to the pole. Ah well, that's how it works out sometimes.

As it happens, the corrected connection will be in compliance, whereas the old one probably hasn't been 'in compliance' for years. "It is an ill wind that blows nobody any good".

If I can get through all this "in one piece", I'll be satisfied with the process.

For Now

Cheers

HenryX

Sounds odd @HenryX generally everything to the meterbox is their issue . Was here. They tested house before reconnecting tho. Hope it works out.

You're right @TAB I might be surprised what I can do - I often am surprised.

YouTube videos on how to Do stuff - yes surprisingly helpful (sometimes).

eg on How to Cook & Eat a Lobster - With detailed demonstration/ instructions.

After watching Lobster Videos (several), I still thought it seemed too hard - left Lobster in Freezer.

Not cooked or eaten yet.

I should have thought it was easy - After watching Lobster preparation Videos.

Don't know why I didn't do it....

Adge

Mental blank @Adge lol Learning new tasks holds off dementia. Worth the effort, well, that's what I'm telling myself lol
@TAB I have no idea what a boiler maker really does, accept maybe a cross between a motor mechanic and a plumber... Yes?
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance