Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

LongHaul
New Contributor

dont know what to do new to this forum

is this just chat site

6 REPLIES 6

Re: dont know what to do new to this forum

Hi @LongHaul and welcome to the forum.

It is more than a chat site - it is a place where those of us with a mental illness and those that care for someone with a MI can give and receive support. There are general chat and social threads and many specifically about an issue or problem that people are having where they can seek answers to questions, support and help. There are also threads where members have told some or all of their own stories and again receive that support, advice, empathy and listening 'eyes'.

We have a specific introduction thread called Introduce yourself here where yoy can introduce yourself and meet other new members. It asks for you to tell us 3 things about yourself to introduce yourself a little more - would be worth posting there as many members check that thread consistently.

If you have any further questions then tag me - to do that you place an @ before someone's name - a drop box will appear where you click on that member's name. It will then turn green so you know that member has been tagged, When a member is tagged they receive a notification that someone has posted to them.

Maybe take a look around the forum - read some posts and jump in where you feel comfortable to do so. It is great to have you here - so again Welcome.

hi my name is gwyn i had depression for as long as i remember .had break down 10 years ago then while after went into rehab .6 weeks later my wife made me leave the house i lost my kids my house and my life .i jioned gruop called grow a alnon done ok found new partner . quick move forward 3 moonths ago i had siezire in bed was found to have epilesy heart condition now cannot drive so cannot work and not coping to well.

Me, too 😂

Hi @LongHaul

Welcome to the forums. Zoe7 has given you a really nice welcome.

Sounds like you have been through some really challenging times, but you are trying to make thing better. That takes courage.

Welcome @ΖηνąιδåCïorstæï 

If you see the post above from Zoe, she's given some really good information about the forums. It's a really good idea just to take a look around, and you can post anywhere or start a new thread. If you want to chat to a particular member, just put an @in front of their name. That way they will feg a notification.

@LongHaul hi, welcome.

Yes this is a chat site, you can use either here in the Lived Experience Forum or Friends, Family & Carers Forum. It's all free.

Please have a read of the guidelines (or rules, whatever you want to call them), that should help you more. If you have any questions you can tag a moderator (putting @Former-Member will do ), or ask some members. Remember to put @ and type in someone's username so they get the notification.

I hope you find it safe and supportive here. There's also a blog you can read for tips, and a webchat to speak with a counsellor or you can call, if you wish to do either.

It's basically like the Beyond Blue and Reach Out Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance