Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Max1967
Casual Contributor

Reaching the End now - few options left - Buprenorphine ?

Hi just wanted to know if anyone has been prescribed buprenophine for MDD - I have run out of drug options / psychotherapy options and have had ECT .... Just grasping for some hope as I can't go on like this anymore - MDD has destroyed my life - 35 years of pain fear isolation rejection loneliness loss torture - needs to end one way or another - thanks Max
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Reaching the End now - few options left - Buprenorphine ?

Hi Max,  By way of introduction I have had diagnosed severe depression, anxiety, chronic pain for about 6 years now.  Although sometimes I think it's been far, far longer than that (from some of the regrettable things I've tried in the past).  

There is absolutely no way that I could know what your horrible struggle/s have been like - but I just wanted to let you know that I may have a microscopic idea of the pain your've been thru and are going thru. I have been on many meds for the above and I don't know that I am anywhere near "leveled out". Every day is different and about every month there seems to be new meds to sort me out - some good, some not so good.  My pysch has just requested I register with Mindspot over the web - I have no idea if this is suitable for you but maybe you can discuss it with your therapist/GP - please, please, please don't take this as "advice giving" (I hate it when a "unsick do gooder" tries to help - and right now I hope I'm NOT sounding like one!) - I can see the desperatness in your post and I just hope that even me responding is a tiny bit of comfort.  I hope your searching comes to an "uplifting" road soon.

With kind regards Getting2 

Hi @Max1967

I know one of our moderators emailed to check in with you last night. I'm sorry to hear you're feeling like you're running out of options.

As @Getting2 mentioned, there's always some changes / progessions / evolution of medications and therapies. So it's really important to keep the communication open with your health care professional about your medication and how it's working for you - as they might have some other ideas. It sounds like you're well connected though, which is great.

Also, I just wanted to let you know that in this community we don't allow discussions about specific medications, as different medications impact people differently and there's so many vairables, it can be a bit risky to compare experiences of medications with others. You can find all of the Community Guidelines here. I completely understand it's likely you weren't aware of this as you're new - so I thought I'd just give you a heads up.

@Getting2 , I thought your point about Mindspot was interesting. I've heard a little bit about it.  Can you tell us a bit more about Mindspot?

Thanks for your advise Getting2 I will look at this site - cheers Max

Thanks NikNik - sorry didn't know about restrictions on references to drugs - please delete post if appropriate
Thanks
Max
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance