Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

tomjerry
Casual Contributor

I am new here

Hi everyone. 

I don't know why I didn't come across with this forum but finding here made me happy. 

I am new here. I have been living in Australia for 1652 days and I mentaly feel better here as I am alone (-no family) and can limit seeing people of my surround. I just wished this site had auto-correction as english isn't my first language however I will do my best. 

I was introvert way before and living in Australia made me overcome it. I sometimes still feel shy and introvert but mostly fine. 

I was doing some research and read a few things in DSM and I guess I unofficialy diagnosed myself almost BPD. My-exgirlfriend (my first and probably last gf) few years ago diagnosed me as BPD. No she was not psychologist, she was social worker but she was not working in her profession. She was doing something different that another story. 

Anyways, hello...

10 REPLIES 10

Re: I am new here

Hello and welcome @tomjerry  

@tomjerry  Hey tomjerry and welcome to the forums :D. Have a look around the threads and when you are ready do some posting. We are a very friendly bunch of people here. Oh just one thing if you want to talk with anyone in particular put a @ in front of their name like I did for you and that will send a notification through to that person. Looking forward to seeing you around. Love greenpea

Hello , I have just joined and I m glad you like Australia. I suffer depression and have gained weight

Hi @Carry, how are you?

im also reasonably new here. I can understand the struggle with weight & depression too. It's not fun hey. Think the best thing to remember is that we are okay just the way we are.

☺️Jo

Hi, I also have depression time to time and for a long time it is on and off. I try to get over it as I put rules such as exercise and routine things at certain times ie brushing my teeth which helps me.

I hope everyone doesn't mind me messaging again. I couldn't find this link for a couple of days. I really struggle managing my emotions, comfort eating & condemning myself for feeling this way. Does anyone have similar struggles at all? Just want to stop over-thinking.😞

I self-diagnosed myself as borderline personality so I know what emotion issues are. Stay strong. I plan killing myself every night.

tomjerry,
I have sent you an email checking in with you.
Dockers6

Just got email and came back to say that I appreciate your time reading. I am not doing or going to do anything bad so I am sorry that if I have given doubts. I have two kids Tom and Jerry which they make me stay strong. Thanks for your concern again. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance