Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Dealing with intrusive thoughts - my struggle!

Thank you @Angels333. I'm always thinking of you and admire your strength.

I am seeing my GP this morning. Hopefully I can get some clarity around my meds.

I had a good pdoc appt last night. He was very helpful in helping me see how much I have achieved. It's easy to lose sight of that when we're still feeling low. 

🌼💚🌼

Hi @Molliex 

It sounds really hard and no wonder you are feeling so unsettled 

Remember you have been recently bereaved - your Nan I think - and you went to NZ for the funeral which must have been stressful and you had the chance to speak at the funeral and also be a pall-bearer - this can catch up with you

And asthma has been worse this year - I have mild asthma and always have a puffer with me - maybe use it a couple of times a year but this year I have been using it a lot and I know that it's exhausting to have asthma and also the puffer can make my heart beat faster - maybe you too - and this all adds to stress

And the smoke and having ash fall from the sky - really tough - that would add to everything and you do sound really tired

It's really great that you are going to talk with your doctor about your medication - it can have side effects and having another opinion can't hurt

Thinking of you - but good work with progress on the SH - that's a plus

Dec

Hey @Molliex  How did your appointment go with the Gp this morning?   Any change in meds?

Thank you for your kind and thoughtful words as always @Owlunar 💚

Hello @Angels333. It's so nice of you to check in.

I talked about my psychiatrist's suggestions with my GP, and we agreed to change my meds, rather than adding one on. I'm nervous as changing meds last time was very scary, but hopefully this is better.

He also gave me a medical certificate saying that couldn't go outside when the air quality was poor, so I have to work from home. I'm relieved about that. The smoke was bad again today - I wrote my name in ash on our patio furniture 😞 

At the moment I'm just tired. Managing not to SH, but the SI is there. I need a good sleep.

How are you doing Angels? 💜💚💜💚

Thinking of you today @Molliex  sorry I've not been around much this week.  Hope today is a better one for you and that the change of your med regime goes smoothly and successfully for you.  We have raining ash here too, and yesterday really eerie sky.  A bit clearer today thank goodness.

Great to here the SH is not happening - I'm relieved to hear that.  Keep up the good work xx

Hi @Molliex 

I'm glad you saw the doctor and have a certificate for work so you can stay inside during the fires - we are warned not to expose ourselves to such environmental issues so that is wise -  I stay inside during such weather too

Changing medication is a time likely to feel very uneasy - what will happen? How will it feel? It's a puzzle - so I wish you the best 

Dec

Thank you @eth. I hope you had a nice day x

Thank you @Owlunar. Staying inside at the moment is as much for my mental health, as my physical heath. Hopefully med switch will be easier than last time.

I hope you are well 🌼

@Molliex ❤❤
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance