Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Boethius
New Contributor

New Contributor

Hi All, I saw social media posts about Sane Forums and thought I’d check it out. I’m still learning to navigate this site. 

I live near Canberra. It’s an odd place and I find myself getting lonely. I’ve got friends interstate who I talk with but it’s not as emotionally fulfilling as physically meeting with like-minded friends with similar interests or experiences. 

I wouldn’t describe my mental health as shattered or imploding. It’s not critical or dangerous. I’m just emotionally flat and lost. I don’t think it’s healthy.

I’m trying to fix my situation before it becomes an entrenched problem.

Add illness, financial stress, and family stressors and my happiness will further deteriorate as years flow past. I don’t want that. 

My hobbies are increasingly solitary ones. Even when I seek out volunteering opportunities involving groups I’m unsatisfied. Like I don’t belong. I can’t find my niche. 

The search for purpose is draining. But I’d like to be happier.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: New Contributor

Welcome, it's great to have you here. It can take a little while to get the hang of it but we are working on making it easier to navigate in the new year. Lot's of wonderful and supportive people to connect with here in the forums.

Hey @Boethius ,

Welcome to the forums! 

Great to see you so proactive about your mental health. It's a good way to put it that even though you are not at the worst in terms of your mental health, there are certainly things that can improve.

What are some things you like to get into? Hobbies?

Feel free to introduce yourself on Welcome! Introduce yourself here 🙂 

We look forward to seeing you around. 

Welcome @Boethius  to the forum family. Some really lovely supportive folk here to engage with. I don’t think our purpose has to be anything grandiose but more in line with being a good person and contributing in a positive way while we’re here. For me personally, happiness is found in helping others. 🙏

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance