Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Lee11
Casual Contributor

My mental illnesses were in charge for 30 years now I'm in charge and in remission

Hi to all of you i have a lot to talk about to much in one post im 51 and finally after 30 years of darkness wrong decisions wrong partners the list keeps going its taken me 20 years to be on the right medication oh i forgot i have the following bipolar 1 general personality disorder complex ptsd social anxiety its awesome to not have chaos in my life im now happy and peaceful I've never been happy before I understand completely about how mental illnesses feed s off itself and into itself tells you lies and like me destroyed me life . Ive been in therapy for 3 years weekly and I'm finally on the right medication wow what a difference now I'm in remission if you have any questions or just want to chat im happy to share everything i have to let you know that everything that can be done to a person has been done to me young child sex abuse abusive mother rape partner suicides adult sexual abuse alcohol and drug abuse domestic violence cohersive control threats to end my life

2 REPLIES 2

Re: My mental illnesses were in charge for 30 years now I'm in charge and in remission

Hi there!  What have been your top 3 approaches aside from medication and therapy that have helped you to get where you are now?  Did you have to give something up? 🙂 Rose.

Re: My mental illnesses were in charge for 30 years now I'm in charge and in remission

Hi rose 

I dont drink anymore 

Dont do drugs gave them away and i dont smoke cigs 

The most important thing that saved me and healed me was Jesus  its the truth and all the miracles and blessings are very real 🙏

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance