Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

KRoe17
New Contributor

First message

This is my first post and l don't know how the conversation starts. By the way l just need support that is all.

TW: Domestic Violence / death

Content/trigger warning
So my mother was a victim of domestic violence a couple of years ago.She was killed by my dad during that.

I suppose this is the root cause of everything. I have been trying to heal from this and it is hard. Mostly because my whole family dynamic changed. My anxiety grew so much and l have so much anger in me. Also my only family who l am with here disowned me because I got so nervous to walk on the stage of my graduation. She also informed that l owed her thousands of dollars that l was not aware off. Ok I was in a emotional abusive relationship and a lot happened. Not sure if l posted it on the right platform. I have more but i am now embarrassed to post everything in one go

3 REPLIES 3

Re: First message

Hey @KRoe17 ,

Welcome to the forums.

Thank you for sharing what's been going on for you. It must be hard to digest everything that has happened. It really takes a lot of courage to reach out. I'm glad you have found us.

It sounds like numerous things have happened in your life which have added to your stress. I'm sorry that your family disowned you after you were not able to go on stage for you graduation.

Sometimes, under stress, our bodies react in ways we do not expect. It is not uncommon for anxiety and panic to set in during events such as public speaking or appearing in front of a large crowd.

You have been so brave in acknowledging what's been happening for you.

Do you have supports in place for yourself or your mum?

I'll also send you a check-in email.

tyme

I was also wondering, have you ever spoken to someone from Griefline

Hello there,

it sounds like you have a really tough time lately and It’s completely understandable your are struggling to juggle and deal with all these emotions and thoughts. I highly suggest you to see a psychologist or mental health social worker so you can unpack everything as it sounds like there is a lot more to the situation you are in which requires a lot of work from yourself. But it will be hard and it will bring out emotions and memories that may not be pleasant but you should press forward with it if your able to and so I would focus on mentally preparing. Yourself to unpack things with a professional little bit by little bit.  Trauma is a very complex issue and no doubt you know how complex it feels, but there definitely people that are in or have been in your position. Your in the right place.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance