Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

bella31
New Contributor

Felling lost

Hey I'm new to this group and I wanted to share a little bit about my story then ask for a little guidance.

So I was attacked at work by a student 5 years ago. I am still in physical pain daily but my mental health was under control. So I was working full time, studying and being a parent. 

3 months ago there was another incident that ended me in hospital and 2 weeks later i was attacked again. After that I haven't been back to work and my pstd is thru the roof. 

So for over 2 months I'm lucky to get 3 hours broken sleep 

I am on medication, doing EFT, EMRD I see a psychologist weekly and a psychiatrist weekly at the moment because of the flair up.

But the reason I'm here and I guess I am feeling so lost is everyone is enjoying their breaks and holidays and are festive and I don't want to deal with it. I wish I could skip December all together and go to January I'm sick of plastering a fake smile on my face and having to look like a human when I don't feel like a human.

Also the worst part is ever since I haven't been at work I have been isolating in my room listening to music and checking on the kids everytime I get up cause I don't sit still much and I fidget alot plus they know where to find me too there also not babies so they can look after themselves. 

I know I want to get out of my rut but everytime I try something happens now I don't see the point of trying to leave my comfy space

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Felling lost

Hey @bella31 ,

Welcome to the forums. I'm sorry things have happened in your workplace so that you experience ongoing impact of the incidents.

Can I ask, were you working in a school?

I recognise this is a difficult time for many. You are certainly not alone. And it doesn't mean something is wrong with you.

I spent many christmas in inpatient units because I just couldn't cope with the social pressures that came at this time.

There's a time when you gotta just let yourself do what you feel comfortable, and then at other times, pushing yourself a little can also be helpful.

Please know you are not alone. There are people struggling immensely all over the world at this time.

Hugs

I’m really sorry you aren’t feeling too well. Christmas is a hard time for many, and the summer holiday break can be tricky for teachers/school staff- after all the distractions are gone dark thoughts can creep in and some anxiety about facing the classroom again after the break. Especially when the media is shoving down our throats what a wonderful time we are supposed to be having every minute of the day. 
please hang in there, better times will come. Wishing you peace. 

Yes I work at a school Why?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance