Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Just
Contributor

DID, it's not confirmed, but have CPTSD

Struggling, new here. Have had trouble finding my way around on this site. But that's just me. I will get it with time. Hoping to make longtime contacts via this forum.

30 REPLIES 30

Re: DID, it's not confirmed, but have CPTSD

Thanks princess lettuce.

Hi and welcome, @Just ! It's good you've joined. I'm sorry though to hear about your CPTSD and probable DID. A lot of people on here can relate I reckon. 

Feel free to type any subject into the Search bar above for threads on that topic. Like, DID, dissociation, alters, CPTSD, etc. 

An important forum tip is if you type @ and then click on a name in the drop-down box, that person will get a notification and won't miss your reply.

I hope you enjoy the forums 🙂

hi @Just 

Welcome to the Forums. 

If you press on the subcategories (like, social spaces, for instance, or lived experience etc...) you will find posts both new and old that you may like to engage with.

Look forward to seeing more of you in the threads.

Kind regards 🙏

Got a bit lost. Replied to your email first this morning. Have just.worked out, search bar you talked about isn't there. It's in this section. Please ignore reply email to U, asking where search bar is. Thanks again for your help.

Hi @Just 

Welcome to the forums. I hope you find the support you are looking for.

I have CPTSD too.

Would you like to tell us more about your journey (only if you feel comfortable)

Hello @Just 

Welcome to the forums. I here you struggling, we're here for you Contact us (sane.org). We have factsheets available here... Dissociative identity disorder (DID) (sane.org) and Complex post-traumatic stress disorder (sane.org)

Hope they are useful for you 🙂

I have CPTSD too, working with Psychaitrist and Psycologist to manage, it's hard.

Hi shower, hope u got thru this day ok.

Thank you for your reply, it was nice to read when I got up today..

May I ask what is CPTSD.

I understand PTSD yet not the other . If you don't mind telling me of course . 

TL

Hi @Just 

Welcome to the forums 🙂

I have a diagnosis of DID and CPTSD (they go hand in hand, unfortunately). Happy to chat, if you need 🙂

I would also say, no matter what diagnosis is eventually decided on, it certainly doesn't define you. I found my diagnosis was helpful as I was better able to understand myself and the way I live my life, and perhaps why, but it was also difficult to accept at first, because it meant that I had to accept that there was significant trauma in my life. I've decided to face those traumas now, and it's such an exhausting journey, but I feel like I am slowly being set free as well. I believe two opposing things can be true at the same time. 

My journey, Let me get my feet back on the ground.  Love this song.
I can only start from 6 months ago. When I was diagnosed. Later when I've been here a while I should be able to be more open. Just need to slow my breathing down. So I take small breaks, I would normally say sorry around this time to anyone that was interested in my story. But I'm making a effort not to say sorry all the time. This might have to be the best I can do for now. Small steps.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance