Skip to main content

Re: What does your forums' name mean?

@Oaktree  love the analogy🌳

Hi @tyme 

My "Asgard" was actually a sailing ship we trained on, not the Nordic heaven most people think it relates to.  She was an amazing ship where I experienced true freedom.

Very nice @Asgard 🙂

Thanking you most kindly @Shaz51  🙂

@Asgard 

Thanks for sharing.

I often find myself dreaming of true freedom as you say. There are moments in life that may indeed give us a little taste and window into it. Glad you had that experience.

As a point of reflection, I wonder what makes true freedom. I guess there are so many individual answers to it.

For me it might be a feeling of being in the right place at the right time.

@Asgard wrote:

Hi @tyme 

My "Asgard" was actually a sailing ship we trained on, not the Nordic heaven most people think it relates to.  She was an amazing ship where I experienced true freedom.

How meaningful! Thank you so much for sharing @Asgard !

@Minkie-Rose 

I recall mentioning this thread in our recent conversation. Such an inspiring read to hear some of the stories behind our profile names.

My forum name honours the memory of a little Siamese cat that passed away a few years ago. A sensitive and intuitive little soul that my partner and I miss terribly. 

I have been privileged to enjoy the companionship of many non-human species over my life, who invariably provided me with the unconditional love and emotional support to help me navigate life's challenges. The following quote aptly sums up these feelings:

“Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unopened”.

Anatole France

Or, as the current vice chancellor of a university was said to me "animals are are only known companions in the universe, so why wouldn't we protect and love them".