Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useful resources

Re: Is it possible to get PEG Tubes in Australia for Eating Disorders?

Thanks for understanding @Hope4me. I try to be careful with my words too as I don't want a reminder to be received as a rebuke.

Re: Is it possible to get PEG Tubes in Australia for Eating Disorders?

Well I hope the resource numbers/addresses I provided can help.

Your situation sounds dire @wedabest. Please don't leave matters until it's too late. The symptoms you describe are extreme and by the sounds of it they'll return if you don't get help soon.

I'm glad you have a girlfriend. She must be special staying with you through your trials. Would it help if she accompanied you to hospital for an assessment? Ask your doctor about medication for sedation during the trip. Breathing exercises like mindfulness can be helpful too.

I'm sorry your mum isn't emotionally supportive. Maybe, try talking with her while she's receptive and tell her how scared and desperate you are. Ask her to call the Mental Health Crisis Hotline so she has the opinion of an expert to advise her about her best options to help you.

I need to take off now to an appt. I'd like to keep chatting but I need to attend. Please take a look around the forums for similar threads or people who you feel a connection with.

Take care my young friend; talk soon...

Hope Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance