Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useful resources

Re: Have your voices heard: join the National Mental Health Commission "Making Connections" Consultations

You are most welcome @Sophia1 There is a lot in that link so take the time you need to go through it all. I have bookmarked it for later also so I can read it all more thoroughly.

@chibam I also hope this is an ongoing thing. Like you - I continue to advocate for greater inclusion/awareness/transparency for such consultations, policy development etc. to have those with lived experience at the centre - and these forums are a ready made target audience for such with over 33,000 members.

@Patchworks The 9-5 issue is one I am particularly passionate about. In a recent meeting for those with lived experience I voiced my concerns about such meetings and services only being held in work times (this one was in my holidays so I could attend). This is not just an issue with such meetings/conferences/workshops but also with the large range of services. We need greater access to services out of hours. I am so lucky to have a psychologist that works on a Saturday so I do not need to juggle appointments and work - but they are very rare.

We do have some services that work out of hours - like SANE support - but they too do not go far enough. I would like to see a service(s) that are available (and accessible) weeknights and weekends - this is such a massive gap in mental health overall. This would also no doubt free up more emergency space as ED seems the only place to go 'out of hours'. SANE does well in providing longer hours with their drop-in service but needs do not stop at 10pm weekdays or on weekends ...and other longer run helplines are often not what is required. 

Re: Have your voices heard: join the National Mental Health Commission "Making Connections" Consultations

Absolutely @chibam , we'll do our best to share these opportunities whenever we are aware of them! It's so important for the voices of lived experience to be included 🖤

Does anybody else not like this style of survey where you can't go back to a previous question sheet?

I realized at one point I'd misunderstood a previous question and that my incorrect answer had filtered through, changing the makeup of the subsequent survey. But I couldn't go back and correct the mistake. 😕

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance