Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: // Online Event // Our rights as mental health carers - with Mental Health Carers NSW // Tues, Oct 27th 7-8.30pm AEDT

interesting though @JH_MHCN@nashy 

Mr shaz is wondering what helps are there for him in the community 

he love to retire tomorrow 

Re: // Online Event // Our rights as mental health carers - with Mental Health Carers NSW // Tues, Oct 27th 7-8.30pm AEDT

*uninclined

Access to carer and mental health services had decreased due to COVID-19, but there was also an increased need for carer and/or consumer services due to the pandemic
Many services have replaced face to face supports with online and telehealth options, are in the process of adopting online/telehealth services, or have ceased and are not providing online/telehealth alternatives.
Some carers and consumers value and are utilising online/telehealth options.
Some carers indicated that these supports are not as helpful or as good as face to face services.

Here is our webpage with a pretty good overview of a range of good supports including some for help with service navigation: https://www.mentalhealthcarersnsw.org/useful-services/

And of course to help find support for your loved ones, Being's new warm line for mental health supports: https://beingsupported.org.au/
1800 151 151

Thank you @JH_MHCN 😊

Thank you @nashy 💐

Thank you @Shaz51 for reminding me about this ❣️

Thanks everyone 🤗

What has the caring experience been like during COVID19? Are there any resources or supports you believe could help the carer community during the pandemic? Share your own tips and ideas.

with us living in rural queensland we did not feel it as much as in the cities , 

we still were able to do some of our self employed jobs as they were not in contact with customers , there was some jobs we could not do but overall it was ok 

and because we were able to sit in our yard and my mr shaz is really a homeboby and loves being at home @JH_MHCN@nashy@Anastasia@Schitzo , @Former-Member 

@Anastasia  I am sorry to hear headspace didn't work out. I hope he does find other services in the youth space that are helpful to him. Everyone deserves support. @Shaz51 Good to hear he is curious Heart

Thank you @JH_MHCN 
I am keen to know also before we wrap up 🙂 ...

What are some easily accessible resources you’ve come across for people trying to navigate care for someone living with a mental health issue?

I know what you mean! I LOOOVE to WFH! 🙂

@JH_MHCN, have you got a queensland link too as well as the NSW link Smiley Very Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance