Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: // Online Event // Our rights as mental health carers - with Mental Health Carers NSW // Tues, Oct 27th 7-8.30pm AEDT

Thanks beautiful ❤️ @Shaz51 

Re: // Online Event // Our rights as mental health carers - with Mental Health Carers NSW // Tues, Oct 27th 7-8.30pm AEDT

You are all those things and have some different rights in different contexts; if recognised under the Mental Health Act: https://www.mentalhealthcarersnsw.org/carer-rights/

But also are at least 'seen' under the Carer Recognition Act: https://www.carersnsw.org.au/facts/carers-recognition-act

And your relationship as a family member is supplemented by these, not limited by them.

Thank you @JH_MHCN 

How do you feel when he says this @Shaz51 ?

Big load my friend Heart huge props to you @Shaz51  you are a kind human.

I am glad to hear the session is helping 🙂 @Anastasia That is due to our knowledgable friend @JH_MHCN ! Oh your son is 20. He is young, but very much an adult too @Anastasia Does he use many of the youth services? I.e. ReachOut, headspace?

@nashy, I feel i am wife and carer , even though he says he is ok and does not need a carer Smiley LOL,

I go along with it @JH_MHCN@Schitzo@Anastasia@Determined , @Former-Member 

A great directory of relevant services is provided by the Way Ahead (Mental Health Association): https://directory.wayahead.org.au/
and there is a Helpline: 1300 794 991

Oh @Shaz51  Smiley LOL

In the interest of time @Shaz51 @Anastasia @JH_MHCN @Schitzo @Former-Member 

Let's go to an important question!

What has the caring experience been like during COVID19? Are there any resources or supports you believe could help the carer community during the pandemic? Share your own tips and ideas.

No we were turned away from Headspace back when he first was admitted to hospital four to being unsafe. @nashy 

Waiting list was long and I needed immediate help so pay through the nose for everything. But is hindsight now all good. He is verrrrry inclined to get support. He took a long time to convince him to try a support worker once NDIS was approved.

Now I'm working on a second One as I don't want him relying solely on just one in case he leaves the company etc

They collaborate on a Carer Helpline: 1300 554 660
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance