Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: trigger warning son2 is totally insane

Such a horrid week with phone calls from my daughters friends telling me she is sleeping on the streets and looking very gaunt and confused. She won't speak to me. It's been 2 weeks. I found out a location and called an ambulance but they didn't take her in. Then Friday night another call saying police had spotted her and called ambo and is now in hospital. As she is 26 she is considered an adult and won't give them permission to discuss her situation with me. Still refusing to talk to me over the phone and won't allow me to visit. Don't know what's going on and feeling so bloody helpless. This law of not allowing to discuss the mental health of your child is absurd. Totally in the dark once again but a little peace knowing she is being cared for. So hard to get on with things. Stuck between a rock and a hard place at the moment.

My heart aches for you. And yes as with my girl, can’t live with her yet can’t live without her.

Sorry @Krishna 

I am only seeing this now. I saw your message recently where you said she's improving, which is fantastic news - I really hope that is continuing for you both x

@greenpea @Appleblossom @Shaz51 @Kellyil 

Thanks @Anastasia. Yes no longer catatonic but voices seem more persistent. They are now looking at discharging her next week depending on accommodation. She won’t speak to me or allow me to visit at present so another tricky situation. They have also changed her meds to monthly depots so hoping there is an improvement.

Gosh I really feel for you @Krishna 

It's hard for me when my boy shuts me out at times. But that's all it is just times. I am sending you the biggest hug and will put it out to the universe for good things to come to you for the future xxxx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance