Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Jade9
Casual Contributor

When the bipolar agitation is too much

Currently going through a mixed episode, the agitation is intense and constant. My thoughts racing and noises deafening. Unfortunately it's uncontrollable. This is not how life should be.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: When the bipolar agitation is too much

@Jade9 Hi Jade9 I also have Bipolar and schizoaffective disorder you are right life should not be like what you are currently experiencing. Yes mine was uncontrolable for the most part and I really feel for you right now ... my medications control my symptoms well now so it has been ages since I have felt what you are going throuigh.

Are you in a safe place? Are there any stratergies that you have to help calm your mood? Keep safe. gp

Hi @Jade9 and welcome. I am pretty sure I am not 'met' you before. Like @greenpea I live with bipolar type schizoaffective disorder. I am recovering from a recent mixed state myself and can certainly relate to the agitation. At first, I was antsy with others because they couldn't keep up with me and my train of thoughts. I felt like others were holding me back and it made me feel agitated and annoyed. After a while, I felt agitated because I couldn't slow down no matter how exhausted I was mentally and physically. I crashed, but thankfully I had the forums here to soften the blow.

Do you have access to a medical team at all (a GP or psychiatrist)? It might be worthwhile getting an urgent appointment. As you have rightly said, this is not how life should be. 

I really hope you are safe. Be kind to yourself.

I'm on new meds so it's working out the correct dose. I think that is why I may be having a range of symptoms. My usual strategy is sitting in the shower and just concentrating on the sound of the water. Thanks for the reply.

Hi @Queenie. I'm trying to get into see psychiatrist. I completely relate to your comments. it is exhausting.
Also I'm very new to this forum. Too me along time to accept

@Jade9 I call sitting in the shower listening to the water, a mindful shower. Unfortunately, everyone else in the household calls it a waste of water, so I only get to do it away from home. I enjoy a lukewarm shower and just mindfully feeling the water run down my body, washing away the bad stuff. I find it calming and refreshing. 

I hope you get the meds sorted out soon. My recent hiccup is because of one my medications being messed with by my treating team. It takes time to get on an even keel though.

Again, welcome to the forums! 🙂 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance