Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: My rambling page

Quote for the day.

There's a door."
"Where does it go?"
"It stays where it is, I think.
Terry Pratchett, Eric 

"I live in a very small house, but my windows look out on a very large world"

Confucius

I like that one too. My pondering tonight- Intelligence has always been a key trait of worth in my family well certain types of Intelligence anyway but as I get older I Starr to realize that Intelligence and perception can have a significant negative impact on my life. 

To perceive too much to comprehend too much of can be just as challenging to our health as not understanding enough. 

I have talked with some smart people on here and I'm wondering how much of the pain of our lived experience comes from too much insight instead of a lack of it.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

What comes to my mind is a movie reference (not with standing personal experience. Like Proust...What was with that guy?! Although I did hear he was quite a lot bedridden, so...)

Anyway, in this movie the woman is talking to an ex lover and says something about him going off and getting married without notice. He says he married the woman he loved. And besides, she went and got married, too! Then she says: "Yeah, I married the man I thought I loved". To which the guy so eloquently responds: "Well, see right there! Thought will fuck u up"  (smile)

Quote of the day?? 

"Lose your mind and come to your senses"

@Gillie1 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance