Skip to main content
Cats101
Contributor

It's hard

A lot of changes have been happening, while im trying to establish a healthy routien and its difficult, my aunts moving away, my cousins moving into her own place, my sister moving out at the end of the year, my dads just gone back home to nz for 2 weeks to help out my older brother, so it just me and my mum, and she's got a course she's doing so she's away for most of the day, my sister presurung me to get my drivers lisence. When I don't even know if i want to get it and learn, I've also got my course that's finishing next year and the fact the we have to move out of the house at the end of the year and its way to expensive to rent at the moment so we have to look else where out of where we live and I've got to make appointments to make and continue looking for a job, especially now that my dads away and my sister moving out at the end of the year.

I'm sorry I just don't know what to do, cause there so much I have to do and I don't know where to start and the fact that I just vented on here is making me feel bad and anxious, I'm sorry.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: It's hard

Im sorry your going through so much atm.. it can be hectic, i know when i have so much to sort out, i do a list. This maybe can help you out a tiny bit! Do the most important things first, do 1 thing a day, once i see a few things ticked off, it helps to know -I GOT THIS- I am sure you too, -GOT THIS- just do little by little.. you are much stronger than you think 😇

Hi @Weird_lil_angel 

I just wanted to take a second to welcome you to the forums, and thank you for the support you're already providing to our members. 

Feel free to Introduce yourself here if you haven’t already!

We look forward to seeing you around on the forums!

Hi @Cats101 

It sounds like a whirlwind of change happening around you, which can feel really unsettling! Often, the change ends up leading somewhere better, as in the next stage of our lives, fuller, meaningful, with new horizons and opportunities, but the getting through the change part can feel pretty bad 😅

Moving house, getting a job, family changes, all of what you mentioned would make anyone feel anxious. 

Would you consider going to a job network provider or a local TAFE? They can offer free assistance with the job hunting, resume, etc? That might save you time on that front. It can be really helpful to talk to someone else, too, when life is piling it all on at once. You mentioned that you're doing a course, would your training provider have student wellbeing office you could contact for support? 

SANE also have a Support Line: 1800 187 263 (10AM - 8PM) you can call if you feel like a chat. 

Take care of yourself 🌸

Hi @Cats101,

Thank you for sharing with us.

I'm sorry to see that you're having a difficult time. It sounds like you have a lot of change happening right now, and change can be stressful. Especially for those of us who are living with mental health challenges.

I think @Weird_lil_angel's advice is really good, try to make a list in order of most important to least important and try and just tick things off in small digestible chunks so it's not so overwhelming.

And @8ppleTree's advice is also really good, I think having that bit of extra support right now, whether it be through a job network provider or TAFE, could be really helpful. I also highly recommend the SANE Support Line if you feel you need to speak to someone.

I'm wondering if you have any supports at the moment? I have had support workers in the past that helped me organise my personal life and affairs a bit better when I needed that kind of practical support, and it really helped.

I'm sorry to see that venting has made you feel bad and anxious, I hope that you can start to feel more relief soon. “A problem shared, is a problem halved”

Please know that you're not alone, and we're here for you whenever you need to vent.