Skip to main content

Re: Best Friends Club

Maybe everyone will be outside and talking to each other, making new friends @Shaz51 cos no one will be able to go on the computer? lol

Very true @Jynx 

See you tomorrow,  😊

Hello everyone, 

@tyme I've been good thanks. I've been reading the forums messages every few days and then running out of time to reply. Work has been keeping me busy; I've had to take work home the last few weekends. I've settled into my job now, which I started in January. I've been doing well, especially considering my medication was reduced a month ago. The side effects are less severe, which has been a noticeable improvement. It's an ongoing endeavour to keep my life balanced with work, relationship, leisure and rest. It's like I have to compartmentalise my time to fit everything in. It was great to join in the peer group chat on Sunday. How have you been?

@Jynx Yes, you're right, because it's a partnered dance it's harder to do on my own. In street Latin there are such things called 'shines' which are done solo, but I'm not skilled enough to improvise in this way, yet! I just put on the music and enjoy that instead. Sometimes I put it on as I go for a walk. Puts me in a fiesta mood! I could go to classes in addition to social events, but it's hard to find the time these days, especially since the dance school closest to me closed during COVID. Classes can also be so expensive. That's why I've just been going to socials to keep up my skills when I can. I've also thought of putting on the videos I recorded of past dance lessons, but I don't have the muscle memory of those dance choreographies any more, and it's harder to do without a partner because I still use the lead to know how to follow.

Hope you continue to look after yourself and that work is not too much for you @Spirit_Healer . I'm glad to hear the changes in meds are getting better and the side effects are less severe. I'm waiting to reduce one of my meds, but I'm not ready to deal with the side effects of reducing. As it stands, even if I forget to take it for a day, I get headaches, stomach cramps, heart palpitations.... I think I need a month of doing absolutely nothing if I were to taper this med, and I'm not ready for it. 

I'm so glad you popped into the Sunday hangout. It's great having people to chat to. 

What does down time look like for you?

I’m with you on that one @Jynx 

@Shaz51 sometimes people come up with so many ways to amuse themselves and others. I like those people 😊

Hey @Glisten
Thanks for the shoutout when you said I am one of your hero’s
how come?
thank you a lot mate

@Shaz51  that's lovely owl with the best lovely look that touch hearts❤️

Hello @Tilz I must of just missed you last night 🌙 

Morning  @Oaktree , @ArraDreaming , @Glisten , @tyme 

Good morning @Shaz51 

I am off to walking group this morning and meeting a new psychologist this afternoon. I hope she will work out. Things didn’t go well with my last psych.

Morning @Oaktree , enjoy your morning walk 

And hope everything goes well with your new psychologist xx 

We have no power here today for 6 hours 

And still recovering from all the gardening we did