Skip to main content

Re: Best Friends Club

Hi @Glisten How have you been?

Nothing very exciting is happening at my end.

I'm still looking for work (a Job) that gives me some consistent solid working hours.

My current job (past 8 months) is not really a job at all.

As many weeks they give me no work at all.

The Council finally came today (after 5 weeks), & cleaned up, took away the huge pile of branches - That Western Power had left blocking the entire Verge (footpath) in front of my house.

So that was good, I thanked the Council Workers for that.

A few weeks ago, I went for my first Motorcycle Ride in 30 years.

I've had my Motorcycle License the entire 30 years, yet have not had a Bike to ride.

I'm still a bit scared, so it will take some time & effort to get more comfortable.

😊Adge

@OaktreeTendercare told me (via email), when I put in my Application/ Referral -

- That it would be about a 3 month wait (Waitlist).

That's okay, that's much shorter than some places.

It's been 3 months now, so perhaps I will hear from them soon.

I'm positive, if they accept my Referral, that will give me something to look forward to.

Nothing else is in the Pipeline at the moment.

Adge😊

Thanks @Oaktree I thought that Tendercare must have many people on their Waitlist.

If it's a 3 month wait (as I was told it was).

So yes, maybe I will need to follow that up.

Adge

@Adge 

My support worker checked the waiting list and said the only guys names started with J or B

@Adge I just wanted to pop in and congratulate you on riding a motorbike for the first time in so long. I can imagine it would definitely be scary and I hope you get to have many more rides as your confidence builds. I've always loved being on a motorbike, just never had the courage to ride one solo!

Enkeli 😊

Thanks @Oaktree Well my name does not start with J or B.

Starts with A.

Guess that means I'm not on the List.

I don't know why - As my Application/ Referral was emailed to them (lodged) on 8th of May.

🤔Adge

Hi @ENKELI How have you been?

Thanks so much for your encouragement.

Yes was very scary.

That's why I waited so long (several months) - Until the only person I know who rides a motorbike, would come with me.

I was surprised that I had not lost my balance (that was okay).

Though I did have trouble changing gears, using the toe of my left Boot.

I'm not an Adrenalin Junkie - Though I do like the exaggerated sounds (loud) & the rushing wind, on a motorbike.

Even the sound of raindrops falling on your Helmet is loud....

I once rode the entire trip, from Sydney to Brisbane (1000Km), then back again.

Sadly, that was the last time (until now) that I rode a mtorbike (1994).

Adge

Hi @Oaktree Thank you for your encouragement (suggestion), to follow-up with Tendercare.

I don't often follow things up enough, then I am left out (or excluded) from services.

I received this thoughtful & prompt response (from Tendercare): -

"I apologise, you have been on our waitlist since 9 May 2024, and I will follow this up.

Currently all our Recovery Workers have full caseloads, and it may be another few months before we are able

to commence new clients.

If in the meantime you decide to seek alternative support, we fully understand."

I replied that I am happy to continue to wait, as I have not been able to source alternative supports, & I consider this as important.

😊Adge

@Adge hey Adge, hope you get what you need. Life is so hard

@Adge 

Oh that’s great, I am so glad that you followed up. I hope you will keep waiting until they take you on. I asked a girl who was fairly newxand she said she waited 5 months