Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

LonerStoner
Casual Contributor

Nightmare

I had a nightmare. I'm looking for help to feel comtable enough to sleep again, please help.. If you can,
Im 17 and live alone, and need some help if u can.. Please..
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Nightmare

Hi @LonerStoner, I'm here if you would like to chat. Smiley Happy

Former-Member
Not applicable

17 is quite young to be living alone.

Hi @Former-Member, @LonerStoner, I'm 55 now but I left home when I was 16. I lived with a 17 year old friend though when I first moved out. I've had that feeling too of waking up in a bad way from a nightmare and having no-one around to talk it out and help things feel okay again. Feeling for you, @LonerStoner. Hugs (if you'd like them). But, with any luck, you have already fallen asleep again. In which case, I hope you feel much better in the morning. Also, welcome to the forum. Smiley Happy

Thanks Mazarita. 

Some people have to grow up faster then they wish.. But , its manageable like anything in life 🙂 like this feeling.. Just looking for some re assurance

Thank you all!! Really makes me feel good knowing I have people willing to talk to me

@LonerStoner, just a dream. Hope you might already be feeling a bit better, there's been a little time now since you woke up. If you happen to have chai or hot chocolate or something like that, it might help ground and settle you.

Hi @LonerStoner, hope you managed to get back to sleep feeling safe? 

One thing I do when I have had a nightmare is get up for 15 minutes, have a cup of warm milo and read a book a bit. Then when I go back to bed, I purposefully create a visualisation of something very tactile and interesting - my fav. go too is a friendly red dragon who I ask if I can go for a fly - then I imagine flying over the city, then the suburbs then the country, imagining what all the treetops look like from above, until we reach a red-sand desert. We go down, I get off and dig a huge hole with my hands and put all my troubles and worries into it, cover it over and then get back on and 'fly' back to myself. I am usually asleep before I arrive "home".

You might be able to craft in your own mind a special safe visualisation you could imagine and use whenever you are scared of sleep to control your thinking until you fall safely alseep.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance