Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Phoenix_Rising
Senior Contributor

My big adventure

Psssssst @CheerBear over here,

I thought I should try and be good and post about my fun adventure in the social spaces space - look at me @NikNik and @Lauz, I'm awesome. Smiley LOL

So...I have a surprise for you...(and for anyone else who is interested in the adventures of one little sea turtle),

Today my toy turtle and I took the ultimate form of public transport. Smiley Very Happy

Turtle on plane.jpg

The actual on-the-plane bit was super fun...the getting-on-the-plane bit not so much. Did you know that if you have a can of hairspray in your bag, then your bag will get ceased and a scary dude will put gloves on and handle your bag like it's a bomb. And then they will check both you and your bag (and your toy turtle!!!!) all over with a thing that looks like a wand, but I don't think it's the sort of wand that you and I are searching for. I was wondering if I was going to turn into a unicorn or something when he waved it over me, but nope, I was still a little (somewhat freaked out) sea turtle by the time he decided turtle and I could go on the plane. Smiley Very Happy

So then we went up up up into the sky and flew and flew and flew and then came down down down again in...drum roll...the land of Melbourne, where I am now sitting in a fancy hotel eating a cool chocolate thing that I ordered via room service (which is super fun to do!!!!). I had to google what the cool chocolate thing was before I ordered it because the only word I understood in the description was "chocolate." Smiley LOL

Guess what else I did today? I went to the aquarium, where I met one of my cousins.

Turtle29.1.18.jpg

And I also met a relative of @frog and @Former-Member.

frog.jpg

And then, after the aquarium, guess what I did? I caught a non-bus!!!! I got the non-bus that goes around the city circle...cos it's a circle...which sounded like a super safe way to avoid getting lost. It was super fun. I've decided non-buses are much more fun than buses. Smiley Happy

So...all in all it has been a super adventuous day...and yes, turtle and I did then come back to the hotel and hide in the bed for a while kind-of wishing that fancy hotels came with weighted blankets! But after a couple of hours of hiding, I feel revived again (I think the chocolate thing is helping!!!!). Smiley Very Happy

It sounds like both of us have had successful adventure days today @CheerBear. Yay for successful adventures!!! I super love that I can share my fun day with you.Smiley Very Happy

13 REPLIES 13

Re: My big adventure

😮 This is me right now, for about a million reasons @Phoenix_Rising! What an awesome adventure!!! You're so brave and this is so huge! Did you see your Aunty (or cousin) at the aquarium? I think her name was Myrtle?

Yay! Thanks for sharing 😁😁😁 I am so loving that we get to share this!

@CheerBear I looked for Myrtle but I couldn't find her. I did however find lots of my more distant relatives in the rainforest section. The dude in the photo is Squirtle, and he was hanging out with Byrtle, yurtle, and...er...a whole lot of others. Smiley LOL

I super liked the jellyfish. I think I need something like that display of jellyfish in my house! Superly duperly calming. I also super liked the sea horses. Oh in the gift shop, they had toy sea unicorns. They super made me think of you.Smiley Happy

Jellyfish are awesome! And toy sea unicorns - I have never seen them before!

Big smiles at this adventure 😊 I hope changing the world is fun tomorrow and your bed is comfy tonight! You're awesome @Phoenix_Rising!

Wow @Phoenix_Rising that's great! I'm glad you're getting a mix of adventure and recuperation. Everything goes better with chocolate. It has super medicinal powers. Just ask Harry Potter! Have fun friend.

Former-Member
Not applicable

🎉😊🐢🐸🐠🐊💜💙❤️

Wow, a flying sea turtle! Who would've guessed @Phoenix_Rising? I had to think what was a non-bus was for a moment. We don't have non-buses in my area (they're about an hour south of me). I too have been on a Melbourne Circle non-bus, it is super fun because it is oh-so-circular! 

That wand that the non-hairspray-loving airport employee had sounded like it could conjure up Voldemort! I'm glad you are surrounded by something exotically chocolaty. As it has been already said, things go better with chocolate.

I'm super excited to hear about your encounter with a tank full of squishies! I shall call them Squishy and they shall be my squishy as Dory would concur.

Lot's of fun for a well-travelled sea turtle. Time to snuggle down in your shell?

@Phoenix_Rising. What a happy surprise to hear you got on a plane and headed to Melbourne. I hope they didn't hurt your toy turtle when they were inspecting him at the airport.
Anything chocolaty would taste good. I call it medicine. Chocolate is necessary for my overall health. Lol.
The Melbourne Aquarium. Cool. Did they have seahorses or seadragons? I love them. And watching the mantarays just gliding by. Very peaceful.
Have you thought of having a fish tank at home. Goldfish or maybe go tropical.
I hope the rest of your holidays goes as well as today.
Proud of you.

I'm all muddled now about where to keep telling the story of my adventure. I started here and then I forgot about here and posted in the ocean, and then @Faith-and-Hope reminded me of here. Then I asked if @Lauz or someone could move the relevant posts to here, but they don't seem to have moved, so now I am kind-of here and there. Despite my super biggest efforts, right now Operation keep-threads-on-track is super really not working for me @Lauz and @NikNikSmiley Frustrated

Anyway...

@CheerBear I'm glad you could see that I did have a little bit of pancake with my chocolate sauce and sprinkles! Smiley LOL I have definitely decided that the best thing about changing the world is the food!!!!!! We had a buffet lunch and then chocolate brownies for afternoon tea (and I may possibly have snuck an extra one to bring up to my room for later!!!!!). I have just had dinner though so I am full for now. I feel like I'm in a different world. My dinner cost about what I spend on food for a week! It feels so weird to not have to think about the price as I scan the menu. It's super cool...but again the thought crossed my mind that perhaps if the organization didn't spend so much on this sort of stuff, they might have more money to help people - hmmm....

@Queenie the circular nature of the city circle not-a-bus is very cool isn't it! I did freak out a little when we got down to the docklands because we then started going backwards. I was thinking, "hang on, there's no going backwards in a circle!!!!" However, after a little bit of straight-lining, we got back to the circle concept. Smiley Very Happy

The tank full of squishies was super cool @Queenie. They were so calming. It was like a living lava lamp! I super wish I could have a tank full of squishies at home. 

Anyway, I will be doing more world changing tomorrow (in between the more important task of eating!!!!) and then I will be back to my own little reclusive existence on Thursday. I so very badly wish I could actually get a paid job of world changing. It is awesome and fun and empowering...but the reality is that we live in a capitalist society and thus actually getting paid for stuff is kind-of important too. I super wish it was not so, but alas it is. So if anyone sees a position vacant for a sea turtle who can stand on her head, balance an egg and do inferential statistics, please let me know. Smiley Very Happy

Thank you for taking an interest in my adventure whoever chooses to read this. Smiley Very Happy

Good morning to anyone reading this, Smiley Happy

I am now safely back in my own little home in Sydney. Flying in aeroplanes is SUPER fun. Although, here's a tip for anyone; if someone else is arranging your flight and you remind them repeatedly that you super badly want a window seat, it's probably also useful to add that you want a window seat that is not right on the wing. Otherwise, your view may be slightly obscured.

plane 31.1.18.jpg

While I was on the aeroplane I refrained from wishing the wing wasn't there, in case I suddenly got what I wished for. Yay for planes with wings! Smiley Very Happy

@CheerBear lucky for you, the orange juice didn't have bits in it so "we" had some at breakfast on day two of world changing. Here is the photographic evidence, which also shows my super yummy breakfast... well round one of breakfast anyway!  Smiley LOL

breakfast.jpg

My world changing adventure was superly duperly duperly superly fun...and productive too I guess. The highlight for me was when a clinical psychologist approached me and told me he had been reflecting on a conversation we had had the day before and that I have changed his thinking around the use of language - in particular the term "manipulative." I super love world changing!!! Smiley Very Happy

I so very badly wish I could share the details of my world changing adventure, but alas, you will need to know without knowing. This is one of the bigger world changing adventures I have ever had. It's actually an ongoing adventure that will continue for quite a while to come. I'm not sure if it will involve any more flying in aeroplanes and staying in fancy hotels though because some annoying person invented the internet and all its associated wonders of skype, email etc. However, even though aeroplanes and fancy hotels are super fun side benefits of world changing, it is the world changing itself that is still my super favourite part. Yay for being able to change the world without even leaving home. Smiley Very Happy

change the world.png

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance