Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: LBGTIQ+ Social Space

hello @petrichor , how are you going today Smiley Very Happy

hello @eth@Powderfinger@outlander , @Former-Member 

Hi @Former-Member  and caring wishes @Powderfinger 

I haven't been receiving notifications from this thread, looks like for some time.

Welcome @petrichor   fabulous name - it's one of my favourite words and I love the sensation of smelling rain - very therapeutic in my world.

Hope all here are having a gentle day today. @Shaz51@Snowie@outlander@The-red-centaur ,  @Eden1919 , @Schitzo@NatureLover , @Maggie@TheVorticon , @Adge , @Candydipper1 @Rebel@Jynx  Please tag me if you feel like chatting some time.  I'm not here every day but am at least a couple of times a week.

Take care and stay kind all.  Be your authentic self.

Thank you for the positive vibes @Former-Member, I really needed them today 🌷

Hi all & @Former-Member @eth @Shaz51 

Thank you for welcoming me. Nice to meet you. How are you? I'd like to write more but can't really concentrate. I've been struggling a lot and activated my prevention plan today. I get confused when I do too much, so I've been working manually most of the to ground. Talk soon.

Whenever you're ready @petrichor  you can share as much or as little as you choose.  Good to hear you have a plan for what you're experiencing.  I have what I call my wellness recovery action plan which might be something similar.  Take care.

Little  by little  my @petrichor 

Glad you are here my friend  

Hi @Shaz51 @eth @Former-Member  & everyone else

I hope you're having a nice day.

I'm not sure if this is the right place, so please let me know. I have some trans related things that really upset me and when I called qlife yesterday it just felt wrong. They didn't know the terminology I was using and I just didn't feel understood after that. Now I don't want to call anyone else as they wouldn't have a clue what I'm talking about if qlife doesn't 😞 Sorry please let me know, I'm finding what's on my mind really hard to deal with. 

Hi again @petrichor   This is definitely the right place if you want to share more about what's going on for you.  We are here to support each other (within the areas of our own lived experience of course).   My adult child came out as trans non-binary (from being identified as f in their childhood and a lifetime of dysphoria) about 7  years ago and had top surgery 18 months ago.  So I've shared that journey with them and it's been a constant process of learning, accepting and supporting for some time now.  Of course I don't know all there is to know but can research or ask them if I'm not familiar with something.

I'm not on the forums every day but will respond when I'm able to if you tag me.  Do let me know how I can best support you.  What a shame QLife didn't get what you were/are dealing with. 

I identify as pansexual queer myself (just fyi in case it's relevant) and have always supported my adult child on their journey with love and amazement at their strength.  It's been a hard road at times, not the least because of the need to educate others in so many areas, including legal.  And years of having to pass in the outer world.  They are also a parent of 2 amazing children who are being raised since the start with gender id choices.

Take care and be gentle with yourself.  I look forward to hearing from you.

Hi @eth 

Thank you for sharing. I am glad your child has your support and strength as surely they have benefited from your love.

I'm at my wits end asking for help. Every day is a different struggle within myself and it's getting that complicated in my head that I'd rather shut up. Waiting for thoughts to pass, trying to push it all away, I just can't deal with any of it. I'm over my own mixed messages and the mixed responses I get when I try to get help. It doesn't matter.

Former-Member
Not applicable

@petrichor I'm glad to hear you gave QLife a try, but I'm really sorry to hear your experience wasn't what you wanted it to be. I understand how disappointing that probably felt.

I hope the person you spoke with at least tried to understand and learn the terminology you were using? If you keep trying, you might reach someone who's more familiar with trans-related terminology 🌈

Alternatively, QLife's referral database is online- you can access it here (under "referral database").

You can have a look for some trans-specific support organisations near your area! 😊

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance