Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Going off alcohol

That is soo good to hear @Former-Member

My little family is going well. -- that is great

My hubby now has very high cholestrol , so he is cutting out alcohol, also doing a bit of yoyoing with his meds -- wants to go off them but back on them again -- be good if he just stays on them

My 4 step children are all adults now and they are all ok

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi. Meds are so important at some times in our lives. I hope that your husband is ok. I sometimes drink low alcohol drinks but mostly not at all.
I'm glad to hear that your family is good. Take care

if you would like some resources of where to go for help morethan happy to point you in the right direction.i had a drug and alchol problem for many years.there areservices that you can link yourself in if you do find it a problem.a point of advise with services dont take no for an answer
Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks @vic100. So far I am going ok without much more than my usual gp psych etc. support. I have been advised about smart recovery so if I fall backwards that's my backup plan. There are smart groups where I live.

well im here for you if you do need any help or pointers to any resources. One example for me that worked and worked very well.mind you i wasnt in a good place and i needed all the help i can get .i had phams personal helpers and mentoring services behind me every step of the way would go and see them once a week.then i would go to na and to aa once a week.later on for me a found smart recovery was way much better for me .Then i had a drug and alchol counsellor to work with me for the short term stuff how to not place myself in a place that i might use again alchol or drugs once a week .then i had a psych to work with me on the long term stuff once a week.it took ages for me to get all the approvels etc. dont take no for an answer.its your recovery its not theirs what would they know about your life .text book stuff dont make me laugh please...good luck and remeber you can do it

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks. Wow well done for finding the right support. I am impressed with how you're doing it. I am working with my psychologist on the long term stuff too.

Well done @vic100

my hubby has had no alcohol for 3 weeks now xx

Hello @Former-Member, @pan, @Matt12, @Makeitstop Smiley Very Happy

support that is inline with needs is the key..I still looking for the right mix

very true each persons need is different there is no right and wrong here

hi liberty how you going today?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance