Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Going around in circles

@Antelope  It takes time to get the hang of it.

A helpful tip is the @ brings a dropdown. That’s how we tag each other.

Also, by your name the word ‘new’ means recent post in threads you have posted to.

I’ll put in a few threads that might help. Just tap the highlight, and you should go to the mentioned thread.

Good Morning 

Daily goals, motivation and check in 

Good Afternoon - Afternoon Tea 

GRATITUDE 

Dogs Rock 😆 

Also you can join in any conversation that’s happening.

I’m sorry your depression is so controlling at the moment, I really understand how hard it can be.

Sending caring thoughts. ❣️

Hi Maggie,

You wrote  "A helpful tip is the @ brings a dropdown."

I don't know where to type the @ and have no idea what a drop down is!

Good thing this site is anonymous! I can be a total twit here and no one knows who I am!

I don't have anyone here at home to help me to understand the terminiology used and what it means.

Thanks for trying to help. 

Thanks for the caring thoughts. Sometimes it feels like I am slowly drowning.

hello @Antelope 

how are you today Heart

I see you have been around the forum

way to go my friend , one step at a time 

I see you have met somwe wonderful members @Maggie@DJMasters@Appleblossom@NatureLover 

@Antelope  I’m on an iPad, and when I tap the ABC on my left hand side, the @is just above the arrow. Once that is tapped, a dropdown of name appears, you then tap names you want to tag,

I don’t really know about phones etc, as I’m not into technology either.

I hardly knew anything before coming here, so don’t feel bad, it’s just getting familiar with the site and your device.

Sorry you feel like you are slowly drowning, I know the feeling.

I’ll put a few threads here so you can travel around the forums and get to know a few others. All you have to do, is tap the highlight and you should go to the highlighted thread.

Good Morning 

SUNDAY FUNDAY 

Good Afternoon - Afternoon Tea 

Daily goals, motivation and check in 

Saturday Soiree - all welcome!! 

A long rave 

Hi @Maggie ,

It seems a bit hit and miss at the moment if I get this @ thingy to work or not. Ha. Ha.

Thanks for the extra threads, I will have a look at them later. I have not been very productive at home lately and need to catch up with a few things today! I want to go for a walk later as well.

Trying hard to get on top of the negative thoughts and feelings.

Looks like a nice day outside so that will entice me to go for a walk and do some gardening.

Hi @Shaz51 ,

Thanks. I am venturing out a little on the forum. There are some lovely, supportive and caring people here! Thanks everyone.

I'm telling myself if I take one step at a time here at home today, I will not feel so overwhelmed and messed up in the head!

So I am starting my day with a sense of being connected to people through this forum, having a cup of tea and have the washing on.

I will keep reminding myself that one step at a time is a good way to go!

@Antelope  👍👍👍👍👍

I hope catching up with things today goes ok.

Lovely day here to, so I’m heading to the shower then.....who knows what’s possible.

HI Everyone,

Thanks all for your messages.

I was talking to a lady yesterday and she asked me why I apologised for my depressed mood. She told me it is okay to feel depressed and accept that is how I am feeling at that moment.

It made me realise that yes, depression is part of my life and I should not be ashamed of it nor try to hide it.

That does not mean I have to wallow in it and feel even more depressed and like all I want to do is give up and there is no hope. In saying that, I also know there are moments when I do feel that way!

It really can be a balancing act can't it!

I wonder how many people have been told to just get on with life, to just think positive thoughts, to get over it, to push through and so many other comments thta are not always helpful.

Maybe accepting I am depressed is better than trying to conquor it sometimes.

This morning I had a  walk before work and that helped a little.

I'm struggling today with dark thoughts of depression and lack of motivation.

I want to reach out to someone here where I live  but don't know who would listen.

Depression can make a person feel so terribly alone!

There are many things I can do to help myself, they just seem out of reach right now!

Feeling tired and exhausted of this journey.

Does anyone else out there feel so overwhelmed with life when you wake up that you feel like you need to stay in bed for the bed?

If so, how do you get past that?

I had another night where I only slept about 4 hours and up in the morning feeling exhausted. 

Feeling conflicted with needing to do jobs I have put off for weeks. 

Having trouble finding a balance in life of working, caring for a partner, looking after the house and garden and trying to find "ME" time and doing activities that give me a sense of pleasure.

It seems I have lost the ability to enjoy life! I read somewhere recently that "Low Mood" robs a person of motivation and desire. That is an understatement as most people with depression are already aware of that.

The problem for me is how to turn that equation around? How do I make myself do "nice" activities when my mind can see no point in participaing and making the effort inthe first place?

I know I am my own worst enemy! I have forgotten how to be friends with myself it seems.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance