Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Our Island

Hi @Heavenbound@DeeDee2 ive just read your thread and can identify with so much. The black hole, abusive husband, now divorced and most definately Mr Trump. Lol. I live alone now with a little rescue dog. The island is growing. Take care of yourselves.

Hello @Maggie. Thankyou for your message. I have 2 german shepherds. My lifeline. Mental Health Paradise Island is open to all pets as well as their owners. The island wouldn't be the place to go if there weren't any furry friends. I have BPD, PTSD, cronic insomnia,  severe depression and I have panic attacks about 5 to 10 days a day. The island has beautiful clear blue water surrounding it and lovely white sand. Palm trees and hammocks everywhere. You're more than welcome.

@DeeDee2 My little fur baby is a chihuahua lol,my lifeline also. Well this island sounds inviting, I might move in, sand, palm trees.

I have DID, PTSD, severe depression and anxiety plus panic attacks. Haven't slept in years.

I wonder how the shepherds and chihuahua would get on. My girl is very fragile. She had a hard start before I found her, but it's affected her badly. I'm the only person she allows near.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Hello @Maggie. I am really sorry but I don't know what DID is. I tried to google it but couldn't find it. My island has been many many years in the making. When everything is just too hard I shut my mind off and go to the island. I don't have any friends and I am almost completely housebound. Before I fell into the black hole I have backpacked through India Thailand and Indonesia. I have seen some really beautiful places and my island is made up of the best places that I have visited. Unfortunately I think that my dogs would eat yours. They are so gentle around me but I can't see them being nice to anyone else. I love them so much because they protect me and won't ever let anyone hurt me again. 

@DeeDee2 I'm housebound apart from medical appointments, friends....no.....none of them, all walked, plus the husband. He dropped me off at the mental health ward, never seen him since, don't want to either. I shop online and love it.

Backpacking through India, Thailand and Indonesia sounds both beautiful and challenging. I have only done one back pack, the milford track in NZ. Fair nearly finished me off. Apparently it's beautiful, I was in too much pain to notice. Blisters and brushes from borrowed boots and pack.

DID is Dissociative Identity Disorder, previously called Multiple Personalities. Please don't hold this against me, as with all MI, I'm working with it.

Lets keep the dogs separated as my girl is my lifeline as are yours to you.

Its a very hot one here in Tassie, 34, very unusual for us.

The island is a nice place to visit, thank you for the welcome.

Hello again @Maggie. Here in Adelaide it's  41 today and going to be 42 tomorrow so 34 sounds like a cool change. I would never judge anyone let alone someone else who shares my unfortunate life. Hang on .....I do judge Donald Trump. He is just rediculous. How did a moron get elected head of a country filled with morons...hang on I think that I just worked it out. Obama is such a lovely man. Go to google and put in Obama singing Amazing Grace and then look at what a goose Trump is. I have never met anyone with DID. You are my first. If you would like to talk about some of your issues I would be more than willing to listen well write actually..See you on the island. There's a hammock with your name on it.

@DeeDee2 I'm sitting in my hammock, very early, before another heat wave hits again today. 34 expected. I have no idea what 41/42 feels like, but believe me, I don't want to know.

Im feeling the sea breeze drifting over the island.

I hope you are doing okish, as I have a thread I'm working on, I won't go into my DID explosions here, thank you for non judgements, hang on, Trump is somewhere in there. You being the Trump fan that you are.!!!!!

Keep cool if you can.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance