Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Want to forget TW

Still exhausted @FloatingFeather Got through the two days at work but pretty much slept as soon as I got home. Going to be a very quiet weekend - have some work I have to get done but I will have to space it out as I am just too tired to do it all at once as I would usually do. Toby will be pleased though as he will have plenty of snuggle time.

I cannot believe it is nearly Easter either - this term seems to have flown by whilst also feeling very long ...I think that is because there have been so many issues to deal with combined with illness. I am very much looking forward to the break to try to recover. I am not planning on doing much as I don't think I will have the energy.

Hello @Zoe7  I hope your weekend is going well. I am having an afternoon in bed so catching up on your news was high on my list.

I don’t go on too many threads as I’m finding some unhelpful for my own mh. Anyway, the best thing about Easter is we’re all on holidays together and with daylight saving finishing all of us east coasters will be back in the same Timezone.

There ‘s not much difference in weather here yet but I’m sure you’re lovely autumn trees are doing their thing.

Last night I was at a national sporting event and caught up with a friend from TAS which made me think of you and wonder how you are…busy with your kiddos and fur babies no doubt.

Sending lots of love 💙💚

Thanks @FloatingFeather 

I did have an interesting childhood - I believe I experienced things most children have no idea about - I certainly developed resilience and independence.

My cat - Sparky - yes - she was beautiful. I was going to call her something else - she was about half-grown when I got her - she was obviously an electric cat - she was everywhere and into everything. She was social able and everyone who came to the door had to be investigated. She wanted to use my computer - a desktop - but gave that away after an alarm in its system shrieked when she jumped on the keyboard. She was naughty enough to be interesting. My Dad - who was losing his short-term memory - never forgot to ask about her and what she was up to - so that was fantastic.

My Aged Care etc - it took a lot of phone calls and investigation to find the truth which is not pleasant. I am seriously out of pocket - that's all I will say. I am exhausted after all of that and I am right out of the system - if I need some domestic help I will deal with it privately where I will be in control of the situation. I do have the name of an agency that assists older people - I will get in touch with them after I have gained some energy. 

While I was dealing with all of this my pain levels were high - they seem to have settled down over the last few days - I hope this will continue - touch wood about that. The therapy I have been having - Transcutaneous Radio Frequency Pulsed Therapy - seems to be working - fantastic news.

I am still waiting to her from my daughter - I couldn't deal with her sulks with all of my own stuff going on - at least I hope she has stopped sulking - I know better than to get in touch with her until she is really past this - that's her - I have never tried to change her - I just let her be - this can be hard on me at times. Anyway....

The clocks go back tonight - yes - I checked - it's tonight. I always feel jet lagged when this happens - this all started the summer of 1971-2 - I was pregnant with a two-year-old who didn't like things different and took his time to adjust - so will I.

Thanks for your post

Owlunar

Hi @Zoe7  - some of this post is for you - I don't feel up to posting it twice - I have to take a break - my next message is to answer your post

Hi @Zoe7 

PD - Professional Development - that is a brilliant activity - I think that happens in a lot of professions now which is a good thing. It's not good your chair did a number on your back though - it will take a little time to recover - I have had that myself.

I am so physically tired I can't seem to handle my computer right now and think I need to lie down with my pillows stacked to ease my shoulder. You know - without my support worker my pillows have stayed neatly stacked all week - she couldn't help herself - she had to sort them out in a neat and orderly manner - I actually enjoy having the time to myself.

I will catch up later - sending hugs

Gentle hugs

Owlunar

@Eve7 I don't go on many threads at the moment either. There has been such a high level of posting about SH and SI for a while now and it can come up so unexpectedly so I am minimising both my time on here and also the threads I visit. 

Nice to hear you caught up with a friend and thought of me being from the same state. 

The fur babies are my saviours at the moment (but when aren't they 👍) No matter what kind of day I am having, coming home to them means everything. School has been a little difficult as I have ben stuck in the middle of some conflict. It is beginning to really wear me down but I chatted to my psych about it today and that helped. I am really looking forward to the holidays to be out of it.

Hey @Owlunar I am feeling the same so heading to bed myself. Will catch up later Hon 💖

I’ll respond tomorrow @Zoe7  as I’m about to fall asleep.

Good night 

@Owlunar I hope your pain has eased Hon. Mine is manageable at the moment - very uncomfortable but the meds are helping slightly ...and as you know - slightly is actually a relief. 

I love hearing about your cat. We have such fond memories of our babies (fur and human) and it is nice to revisit those good and fun times. They give us so much joy and despite their absence now, it is always nice to remember how much they enriched our lives. I still miss Cat terribly but am fortunate enough to have Toby and Clover so every day has joy in it for me with them close by.

I have a lot of work I need to get done today - could not do anything yesterday through the fatigue and pain - so whilst the pain is a little better, I need to get into it. I have to have some of it done before tomorrow so the sooner I get it done, the sooner I can rest again.

Hi @Zoe7 , I really hope today has been productive and pain free for you.

I went to a work colleague’s life celebration (funeral) today which was held at a beautiful location in the hinterland overlooking the ocean. The family gave all the guests sunflower seeds and they had a star named after him. I didn’t know you could do that but with an infinite number of stars there’s enough to go around all of us. 

i hope it’s ok for me to write this here but I’m hoping you’ll understand.

Just trying to unwind before I go to bed.

💜💕💜

Hope the weekend was easy on you @Zoe7 and you were able to get a lot of rest and self-care in. Sounds like Toby may have benefited from you having some downtime too 🙂.

I feel like it wasn't that long ago we were talking about the end of year term break and now we are in April! A couple of weeks doing whatever you need / want to do sounds just like what the doctor would suggest. 

Hoping you are feeling a bit better and more energised my friend.

FloatingFeather ❤️

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance