Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Owlunar
Senior Contributor

Re: Lonely

Hi @Dimity  and @Frogs 

Yes - this thread has been inactive for some time - and I just came across it for the first time and read it  and thought about that - not much ever happened here which must be painful. And lonely too. A lonely thread

What I have found through life is that loneliness does not draw people together - people are alone for many reasons - I am and I have been for 30 years and it's okay now - I like it - it was hard in the beginning

But @Frogs  - I don't think you're a loser because other people tend to prioitise their families and other friends - that is no reflection upon you - I don't know anything about you but I am sure you're not a loser.

In fact - the journey from being lonely to being a loner is quite an adventure - I am sure you already know various places to go to look for people and it's hard to break into - this I know - 

But we are a family here - we called ourselves The Forum Family and we accept each other for who we are - sharing all sorts of details about ourselves that we would not share with people in our real lives - but not our names or our faces - and we are safe

You are both welcome here and I would like to extend the friendship of the forums

Dec

hi i dont have a partner either, and most of my family doesnt even have a clue what i have suffered from all these years.

its pathetic really .... and i am lonely as all hell 😞 please help me out

Dimity
Senior Contributor

Hi @soppykat 

I'm sorry to hear you're sad tonight. Loneliness is miserable. 

I'm feeling better than usual having exhausted myself in the garden, getting takeaway and tending to the two cats. 

Days pass when my only interactions are on FaceBook. I've read that meditation helps but I've not been regular enough or gone deeply enough to find out.

Everyone I know or rather, knew has a partner or close friend, and I've lost touch.

The weekend isn't easy and being Friday it's still ahead. I'll go out Sunday pm so that will help. Can you find projects? I make to-do lists then oversleep and don't achieve them lol.

Best

Dimity

hi i do have things to do, but sometimes i just sit there and wonder why i am so lonely and stuff for.

😞 hopefully i will find something to do

Dimity
Senior Contributor

Hmmm it was a pretty dumb thing for me to say especially knowing how sad and slow and heavy the feelings can be. The whys don't matter so much when I feel resentful as to why noone notices.- why not? 

Happy to chat for a while if you want.

hi @Dimity how do i chat to you alone?

Dimity
Senior Contributor

Hi @soppykat

I don't know. Maybe that question's a bit like how long is a piece of string. One answer might be it depends on where you pick it up from.

@Frogs revived this thread - are you still out there? And thanks to @Owlunar for your encouragement.

I can't fill the hole in my (or your) heart, all I can do is share empathy and experiences, and be willing to hear whatever you want to share.

Good night @soppykat, I hope you have a restful night and feel s little lighter in the morning.

AJP8
New Contributor

Yes and it breaks my year every day all day 

Sending you some Love 

Ally

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance