Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Life can be a Pain

Hi Mumma Bear @Owlunar 

I am sure you will go fine with the work you need at the dentist. At least you can afford it. I understand the anxiety though. For some inexplicable reason I always start shaking in the dentist chair. I am not nervous about it but I can’t seem to help it.

I am looking at losing four teeth but can’t afford the implants. My bottom two front teeth are going to fall out at some point as the bone has receded. I have one on the bottom left at the back that a filling keeps falling out of and they are saying perhaps extraction on that one and one at the back top right side of the mouth that needs extracting too. I haven’t looked after my teeth and I grind them in my sleep. I once had a night guard made but then my wisdom teeth moved and made it painful to wear. I guess I will one day end up with dentures. 

Meggle

I grind my teeth too @Oaktree - this is hard on our teeth - I had a mouth guard way back in the past and chewed my way though it in a few weeks - that was a fizzer.

Losing teeth is something that happens - I have had a partial denture for years - with very few lower teeth it has been a miracle that this has lasted as long as it has - I broke one when I was in the ED a few weeks ago now - and Xray yesterday proved I have an infection under my wisdom tooth which is otherwise sound - maybe there is a crack in it - so yes - I need implants.

My lower jaw is very shallow - it will not hold a denture without implants and luckily - so far - it seems the bone is okay - so I am hoping for the best - but jittery - yes.

Partial dentures are okay as long as there is enough teeth to hold them - perhaps you need to get to a dentist and have this work done as soon as possible - this might mean going through the public system - it's important not to let it get worse - and private dental treatment is expensive - I am lucky to have a very good dentist - I really hope you can find one who can help you out.

I feel okay about fillings and cleaning etc. - no problems there - but getting the wisdom tooth out is something I don't want to think about - 

I hear you though - you get jittery and you might need dentures - partials would be better - I guess this a decision everyone has to make for themselves and - yes - I wish you the best with that.

I hope your Saturday has been a good one - I went out to feed the seagulls again today and one of my neighbours told me it's illegal to feed them now and the police will fine people for doing this - which seems ridiculous to me - I believe him though - darn - I thought that was a good way to get rid of excess bread I get here now and again - the fun police are always out and looking about for something.

Never mind - I might do this quietly - and not often - what a unnecessary law - these birds have been scavenging in the tip for decades - sigh.

All the best @Oaktree 

Thinking of you

Mumma Bear

Owlunar

Thanks @TAB 

It's just a case of wait and see for now - and my day has been okay.

Melbourne weather changes so it might be different soon - it has been a grey and gloomy day but not cold.

I hope your heater is up and working by now - it will make a difference to your winter and well done working with the availably and prices.

All the best

Owunar

Thanks @Owlunar   heater guy came and looked at it other day, not sure when he will be back, but yes, will be just what the doctor ordered.

I will be super happy and with myself once in gets going 😁

Hi all

Proud of u @TAB 

Hope ur dental work goes well @Owlunar 

The weather in melbourne is cold but the skies can be beautiful

IMG_20230529_171411_484.jpg

just muddling along, but thanks @EternalFlower  🙂

Hey @EternalFlower ! Good to see you!

Hey @Decadian @TAB !

Actually - this afternoon I rather enjoyed the wintery feel of the weather - it wasn't cold though - 

That is a beautiful photo - @EternalFlower - Sometimes I use filters to alter the clouds - no recent ones - I consider them an art form - I'll see if I can post one tonight - 

And thanks for the best wishes for my dental work - which will take time to start - I had a Xray yesterday - and I see the surgeon on Tuesday and I will need another Xray to check the bone to see if it can hold an implant - and then I have to have new dentures and it will go on for however long it takes.

Gradually I am getting used to the idea - I knew this time would come and it has - it will be okay - except getting my wisdom tooth out - that won't be any fun - I do trust my dentist though

I hope your Saturday was a good one

Owlunar

I called this one FirmamentI called this one Firmament

Of course @TAB 

These things have to be installed - ah - the waiting and hoping and looking at your new device.

It is so good to just buy something and plug it in and turn it on - 

I hired my TV and DVR for years - I would get a new whatever whenever anything broke down and the TV man would come and install it - he knew exactly what to do. I was sad - I had known him for years - when he died - and his wife said I could keep the equipment without paying anymore - so kind - I was really moved when I learned all this.

However - when I need something new I will have to get someone to install it - darn - well - I look at it this way - all these years I had good service from a decent man who helped a lot.

All the best with your new heater

Owlunar

Thanks @Owlunar  I think people still set tvs up

Harvey Normans insisted on doing my tv

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance