Skip to main content
TinTin1
Senior Contributor

Expecting to much

I guess I expect to have things when what I have is enough and more important.

I always wanted to have a great job to work. A partner who has a good job..good income.

But my partner loves me takes care of me. He doesn't have work, but is trying to do something for himself. Instead of staying home every day on the couch.

I guess having someone who loves me etc it pretty special

I been abit not happy for awhile. I suffer with schizophrenia. 

I'm not working but I'm looking and I'm studying online business administration.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Expecting to much

Hey @TinTin1 

Sounds like you have a good idea of what you would like to see happen, and it sounds like you are grateful for what you have now. Sometimes we get asked to do those perfect day exercises where you write down what a perfect day would look like for you....and then have a think about the little steps you can take to achieve those goals. Sounds like you are working on your goals now with the business administration course. I hope that you get fulfilling work from your course, and that you get closer to your goals. 

Hi, @TinTin1 I hear what you saying, someone to love you and take care of you is a special gift. It's ok to think about the things that you wish you had in life, I think the same, but I am also grateful every day that I have a supportive family that loves me and most of the things I need in life, unfortunately not a lot of people have what we have. I have experienced unemployment in the past, it's very stressful and frustrating, all we can do is prepare ourselves for that employment opportunity, just keep applying for jobs, think positively every day and visualise where you want to work, you will get there! Nothing stays the same, things will change for the better. It's really good to see you are working towards your goal! Keep up the good work 👏 once you finish your studies, I am sure you will find a position that you like. Do not forget to practise self-care, and engage in activities and hobbies that bring you joy every day 🙂 take care. 

I can't keep up with the cleaning of the unit. I have support worker but I need to do it when my support worker not here.

But I got to not think I can do it by myself. My partner said to ask him when I need it. So stop doing it by myself