Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Any diagnosed germophobes or hoarders on this forum?

Good Morning @NatureLover 

Im glad to hear you are feeling a little bit better. Take things easy.

I'd really like to get into some volunteering, but haven't due to lockdown. The fact you are going back to yours, gives me hope that I can start looking and some places may be taking on new people 🤞

It is so good to see you @NatureLover and even better that you are putting your health first. Super happy your volunteer role has started, that will be so good for your soul. Love and hugs ❤️❣️💞

Thank you for your lovely welcome back, @Former-Member , @Eve7 , @WIP  and @Anastasia  🙂 Heart

@WIP wrote:

I'd really like to get into some volunteering, but haven't due to lockdown. The fact you are going back to yours, gives me hope that I can start looking and some places may be taking on new people 🤞

@WIP  I hope places will be looking for more volunteers, and that you can find something soon. I found that my SAD depression vanished the minute I rocked up to my volunteer job. 

@Anastasia  I looked for your thread and couldn't find it...just wanted to send you some Heart and say I hope you're doing OK, and your boy too...

Good morning @NatureLover 🌷

Hope your volunteering job goes well today. 😄

Lotsa love 💕

Emelia 🌸

Awwwww thank you gorgeous!!!!!!

I hope you love today 🙂

@NatureLover 

P.s My thread in case you want it for another time is Trying to stay Sane xox

Hi @NatureLover 

A few years ago, I actively volunteered on my weekends (as I was working at the time) and got such joy & satisfaction from it. I helped out with in need kids, providing respite for their families and I love children.

Im going to start looking this week, as hopefully organisations will be looking for volunteers again. 
I just know it will help my depression, as it has yours. I don't mind if it's with children again, or potentially the elderly. They have been through so much with covid, there may be more opportunities there. I could take Levi to visit the elderly in their Aged Care Home for example - he's still has excited puppy behaivor, but I'm sure he'd bring a smile to their face & his fur is just so soft.  I don't know, I'm thinking out loud I guess.

I hope you have a good day! and don't get too hot - 29 deg forecast for both today and tomorrow!

WIP xx

what an amazing idea @WIP they would just love Levi!!!

Thanks @Anastasia 

It's an idea I've had for awhile. We have a 95 y.o family friend who stayed with Mum & Dad a few

months before and after Dad passed (can you believe he lived independently at the age of 93, until he had a fall!!) Anyway, he just loved Ollie, my previous dog.  I had always planned to take Levi to visit him in his aged care home, but covid restrictions never allowed it. It was difficult enough for Mum & I to visit....

I just figured these homes might have 'pet therapy' as part of their program.  They had it in the hospital when I was a patient last year.

Levi would LOVE it. He might just be a bit too excitable though

93 wow that is amazing Heart

They had it at one of the hospitals my boy was at, the patients loved it. I really think this is your calling @WIP 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance