Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: SeveraRe: Any diagnosed germophobes or hoarders on this forum?

Hello @NatureLover  thank you for your lovely messages to me I really appreciate them.

I’m sorry the gloomy weather is affecting you and you can’t use your light therapy. It’s a bit gloomy here today too, not cold just covered in cloud. I prefer sunshine but the sun is nowhere to be seen 🤗

I’m doing some culling of clothes today.

Re: Any diagnosed germophobes or hoarders on this forum?

Hi @NatureLover. I haven't really settled on a regular interval for my psychologist.  For a while it was every 7 weeks to eke out my mental health care plan.  Monthly would be good.

Hope you accomplish the bags task. I'm not really more energised, just worried and wanting to make a difference. Yesterday I didn't get as much done as I'd hoped. 

I wonder if you can soothe your skin with lotions or soap substitutes to help the itching and inflammation. 

I agree about the mental health care plan...I tend to have my psychologist appts monthly but then there is a 2 month gap at the end of the year. 

I'm not much good with lotions as they feel slimy to me. Soap substitutes might be a good idea though. 

I feel down and want to go back to bed, but I have my volunteer job today. 

Hope your day goes well @Dimity ...

Thank you for your sweet message, @Eve7 .

I risked 20 minutes of light therapy this morning as I don't feel like facing much today. 

Surely you get lots of sunshine usually up there in Qld?

Hope your clothes culling went well. Thanks for popping in, I really appreciate it.

Hey @NatureLover  I’m just checking up to see if you’re ok today.

Yes, the sun is shining today and clear blue sky. A friend went to Melbourne for the weekend and said it was only 10 and raining when they arrived…not good for you.

Take care, sending sunshine 🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞

I'm sorry you felt down this morning @NatureLover . I hope being at work lifted your spirits. I've been feeling low too, and very anxious.  With my activity tracker my daily goal is  "clean/declutter/garden" for a time but for several days I've been catching up in the garden and avoiding the decluttering. My helper will be expecting to see progress and I know I need to press on. But it's a struggle. I remember that for many years I felt exhausted by Easter which I put down to seasonal demands at work, but maybe it's the change of season itself and a touch of SAD. 

Let's hope for better days.

Thank you, dear @Eve7  for your lovely message which warmed my heart ❤️

Yes am really struggling, still can't use light box as skin is so itchy! Missed work on Monday. Thanks for thinking of me and sending sunshine, I really appreciate it. 

Glad you have (had) sun up there 🙂  

Thanks for your kind words @Dimity  ❤️ I couldn't face work on Monday, really hoping I can face it tomorrow (Thursday). My skin seems to be getting even more itchy, so no light box therapy yet 😞

I'm sorry to hear you have possible SAD and have been down too. Plus your anxiety 😞

I know the pressure of a helper who expects to see progress between visits. Have you been able to face any decluttering? How is your mood today? 

D4DBB00E-C5EF-4A5D-A6AC-3590BAEDA31A.jpeg

Here’s a nice sunny day for you @NatureLover 

I'm sorry you're feeling so low @NatureLover . I hope you can work tomorrow.  I used to get a pump pack of soapfree wash for dry skin for my late father from the pharmacy.  It might be worth trying something similar.

I did some tidying yesterday but couldn't get onto it today. I don't know what I'll do tomorrow when my helper comes.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance