Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Am Not Coping

Hi @Sam3 👋 

thanks for thinking of me. Will come back later hopefully. I’m really exhausted. Just got home and need to relax. Catch you another time. Sorry. 

🌷🌸🌺

hi everyone. 👋

@TAB Etc. catch up another time. 

No need to be sorry Hon - rest up and catch up when you can - you are the most important person to look after first @Former-Member We will be here when you can join us Heart

@Former-Member @eth @TAB @Sam3 @MDT @Former-Member Cleaned up in the garage, moved some things to get out my saw and measured each of the supports and all the lengths for the sheets I need for tomorrow. Now all I need to do is cut the supports and screw them in then I can cut the sheets and get them up. I might get more done tomorrow than I planned if I can get stuck into it early tomorrow. Going to watch the cricket tonight and try for that early night again. Will take meds earlier tonight and see how that goes.

Hope everyone has had an okay day and is now settling into a quiet night. Smiley Very Happy

Thanks @Zoe7
Had a good one here. Just enjoying the arvo.
Tomorrow I can start job search for UK.
Including the visa process.

Here's to moving onwards 🥂

Yes onwards and upwards @MDT I am feeling like I have done a lot today and that certainly has needed the motivation to do it. I have everything sorted to begin again tomorrow but hoping to begin earlier so I can also enjoy the tennis when it comes on.

It is good you have had an easy day today - you needed that break from thinking about job applications etc. so much. Balance is essential and you seem to be getting that right more often now as I am. It is easier though when we are not dwelling on things or thinking we should be doing more - yesterday I started to think that but knew I was too tired to do what I needed to so I pretty much wrote the day off - with some tennis and cricket watching thrown in too.

Former-Member
Not applicable

You have done alot @Zoe7

Well done. 

I feel a little more relaxed now. Had coffee and turkey sandwich with avacado cucumber and cranberry sauce. Yum

are you feeling exhausted or ok after your busy day

Balance indeed @Zoe7
When I caught up with my friend for coffee she said I looked thinner. So I take that as a sign I should hit the gym more regularly while I'm going through this job search process. That will balance out sitting down and exercising too. Hopefully helping with my cognition too.

Either way. It's something.

I am okay but still hoping for an early night @Former-Member I was feeling really tired earlier but that could have been being out in the hot garage. Now that I have cooled off more I could do more - shame it is too late. 

It sounds like you are feeling more relaxed now too - I am having fruit again for dinner - cooked some pasta and tuna for lunch so can't be bothered cooking again tonight. 

Do you have any plans for tomorrow?

Former-Member
Not applicable

I don’t plan ahead much these days. Take each day as it comes. 

I do have to go back to chemist. They made ANOTHER mistake. Wrong brand sleep med. I explained exactly which one. And was ckear, because of past mistakes. Hmm did it again. I rang and complained lol. Usually I can’t be bothered. But was annoyed it happened again. 

I signed up for a week at gym. Hoping to get there tomorrow. 

That does seem like a better balance @MDT but also remember to do things for yourself - play a game, go for a swim, read a little etc. - doesn't have to be for long but enough to change your focus and give yourself a break.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance