Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A Life of Trauma and Tragedy (Possibly Triggering Content)

💖🐶 @Emelia8 🐶💖

Thank you all, my beautiful forum family, for your well wishes and your posts to me over the past couple of weeks.  Gosh ... where would I ever be without you lot?  I think a number of you can relate to that feeling, so I know I'm not alone in feeling that way.  I am very very grateful for all of you.

Tagging those who have posted or supported me here (or other threads) recently, but I know there are more of you.  My apologies if I missed you.

@Former-Member @NatureLover @BlueBay @Owlunar  @Anastasia  @WIP @Eve7 @Shaz51 @outlander @Lee82 @Appleblossom @greenpea @Schitzo @Clawde @Snowie @Meowmy @Peri @Sans911 @Exoplanet @Former-Member @MDT @Faith-and-Hope @Former-Member @Maggie @eth 

I have been offline for the past week, after something occuring which upset me greatly.  I only logged back on yesterday and caught up with everyones posts and news etc.  So my apologies for not being around and for not responding to any posts addressed to me in that time.  

It was another busy week with appointments etc for me.  And on Friday I got notified of 3 additional appointments for procedures needed prior to my surgery.  Its now only 9 days until my surgery is scheduled.  This Tuesday I have my appointment at the hospital for pre-op checks with the anaesthetist etc.  And now I have to have additional ultrasounds next Friday.  I do not know what has prompted that requirement, as I had thought they were all done through breastscreen at the end of September.  I'm concerned now, that perhaps they have discovered something additional on the CT scans that were done just over a week ago.  Nobody has told me that, but why else would they need additional investigations?  

What is now bothering me is the fact that I have discovered a new lump on the other breast.  Only found it a few days ago.  But when I got the call to notify me of the additional tests, I instantly thought they had found something on the CT scan.  And if it isnt that, then what should I do about telling anyone about the new lump I've found?  If I tell the surgeon, GP, hospital, etc ... they will likely cancel my scheduled surgery.  And if it turns out to be additional cancer ... then I will need a full double mastectomy.  I just dont know what to do.  HIde it and hope it goes away, or tell them and face delays due to additional tests needed.  I just want to throw my hands up in the air and declare that its all just way too hard.

My anxiety has gone through the roof, and I have been feeling really sick with it all. Not been eating adequately, not sleeping, etc.  What should I do?  Am I worrying about nothing?  I know theres something there .. but what?  I dont want surgery to be delayed. I dont want a full double mastectomy with no chance of reconstruction or normality ever again.  I'm really at a complete loss right now.  Worry is dragging me way way down.

Emelia 😔🌸

I wish I had the “wisdom of Solomon” for you right now my friend but will offer my love, hugs and prayers @Emelia8 

💕🤗🙏🤗💕

Oh sweetheart!!!!!

I think you need to tell...I think in your heart you know that? 

I am so sorry this is happening to you, not fair. 

I am not full of words I am sorry but thank you for sharing your news. I have had you in my thoughts constantly ❣️

I am sending you the biggest load of hugs and love in the hope that it helps a little.

Love you dear Em xx

@Emelia8 

@Emelia8 hey sqeetie, think best to see GP and tell everything to work out plan. Prayers for you. 

@Emelia8 😥💖

@Emelia8 🙏

I agree with others here who have said you need to tell @Emelia8.  My guess is that they will use the tests they have already done, and fast-track any additional ones required, so they can deal with it all in the one surgery if possible.

Take heart, take courage, take strength .....your forum family is here for you ......

2C36D104-437F-4EC5-A061-5C87BEBD5696.jpeg

@Emelia8  my gut instinct says say something. I always go by my gut. In the meantime try not to worry the new lump could be caused bu anything. Sweetheart am here like we all are for you. Keep in touch. We all love you. peaxxx

Dear @Emelia8 ,

this must be very scary for you, but you must tell and ASAP. It may not delay surgery. You must ring your gp as soon as you can and get an update on the tests and the CT findings. Even if the news is not great it is better to know what you are dealing with.   

We are all here and thinking of you and sending you our support

peri

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance