Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Self compassion

@Paperdaisy @tyme 

No I haven't taken @tyme advise, but now you have reminded me I will after I see me counsellor..  I think the DV counsellor has been in touch with black dog.

Because I have had so much and enough abuse I can't escape.people say I have to put him in a nursing home.

It's not always that easy. But I never imagined that I would be at this point after 50 years that I wish so hard for him to be out of my life.

Every morning I wait to hear from his bedroom if he is still alive or not. 😭

I’m so sorry you are going through this @Casablanca

Im glad that you are reaching out for help. 

Narcissism and alzheimers are tough to deal with on their own let alone together. 

I completely understand the narcissistic behaviour and what it does to you mentally. Especially from a childhood perspective. Constantly worried that everything isn’t perfect or how they want it. Having no confidence in any decisions as you know that decision will be wrong.  

Im not sure if the stages of alzheimers as my nan has dementia. It is a terrible disease.  12 months ago we had to put her in a home as her 90yr old husband just couldn’t do it anymore. It was actually the best thing for both of them. Nan was able to receive the proper care and couldn’t go walk about anymore. (They were fun phone calls to receive at 3 in the morning ‘quick go find nan!).

Her husband was finally able to rest and get some sleep as nan was always awake. 

I completely understand the nursing home is not an easy option. Do you have any help? Any respite? 

You need to do whatever is best for yourself and your daughter.

I hope for you by reaching out for help that you are able to gain the confidence and strength that has been taken away from you. 

Hi there @Casablanca 

How are you going today? Did you take any advice given by @tyme  or @Paperdaisy ?

Warmest wishes

Hanami

hi all, I've had a bad few days. My social worker said I was heading for a breakdown and that I needed to look after myself.

It's a matter of what freedom I want e.g freedom from my spouse or freedom to live happy.

Hey @Casablanca ,

Great to see you! I don't think I've seen you around in a while.

It sounds like you have some big decisions to make which people cannot make for you.

Whatever it is, it is important that you practice self-care and compassion. There are many who have a partner and are happy, and then, there are many who don't have a partner and are happy.

You know your situation the best. 

I'm here if you need an ear.

tyme

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance