Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Living with Ourselves

thinking of you @Sophia1 Heart

Hi @Sophia1 

Just thinking of you so I thought I would pop in and say hi. How are you? I do hope that you are well and not too overwhelmed.

My first cherry tomato started to change colour today. Should be ready to eat in the next couple of days. What have you been doing lately? I did a volunteer shift at the children’s hospital this afternoon, I drove the shuttle. 

Meggle

Hello @outlander 

Lovely to see you. Appreciate the hello all the way over here......

@JacquesThank you for expressing how you enjoy hearing from my rambling and writing to me..

Let me know if any more update on your mum's surgery.....hopefully closer to home..

hope also that you are managing with changes in your life and health....you have come a long way Jacques....

@TABalways popping up saying hello and Prussia yes. Went to some interesting places in Germany old Roman Empire region.... Evidence of old family name connection was special.  A castle!

Museums...monasteries and forests incredible over there.

@tonys

Your memory is powerful......the long tall frosty glass drink was straight coke for him....I took him for a cooked meal at the well known hotel here....he parked his gopher around the back and was able to manoeuver his way through the back entrance which is a credit to him. He has such determination....I was helping him deal with a hangover ...leftover from the upsetting night before that he texted me about...I wanted to get some hot food into him.....It melted my heart to see his eyes light up and face beam with his missing teeth at the front...(waiting for a replacement...) ...fell off his gopher onto the road..  proudly showed me his new dentures next time I saw him...We communicated via text as he can't produce many sounds to make speech easy in environments other than one to one....

He is same age as my son...Has the same persistence and determination..

@Oaktree  Thank you for thinking of me and your caring message.... Your gardening is coming  ahead in leaps and bounds.....forget market gardening...you will be able to start a chain of organic food outlets...volunteering at the children's hospital would be incredible...

I can't write too much more...

I am not doing too well at the moment.....just had an anniversary related to older son...

As much as I ache to see him..

I just want him to have his own life...his way....safe and trusting ...be himself as he wants to be..

is no longer safe for him to come home now...health system here have messed him up too many times..

One day he might let me know where he is and let me visit..

I will write to you all...

one day at a time at the moment..

..poor guy .. @Sophia1  persistence is hard to beat though.

yes, the old old Roman Empire vs Prussia thing. looked for hours last time years ago came up w some place nearly on lake Contance. 

not an easy combo as most Prussia was East of Germany or eastern Germany and Romans barely got to the Rhine i think 

@TAB 

found this

What part of Germany was Prussia?

Sophia1_0-1699769676865.jpeg

Though itself one of Germany's many states, the kingdom of Prussia was comprised of: West Prussia, East Prussia, Brandenburg (including Berlin), Saxony, Pomerania, the Rhineland, Westphalia, non-Austrian Silesia, Lusatia, Schleswig-Holstein, Hanover, and Hesse-Nassau.

Romans got to the elbe river I think.
There is much of Germany on the other side of the rhine in France, switzerland, austria.
Alsace has evidence.
So incredible crossing borders and the differences so apparent.

Nice to think about something else.

Hope that your health has improved, Tab.

I think that I am losing it.

I thought that I saw Eudemonism signed in.

@eudemonism 

If you  were signed in I want to let you know that I still think of you and remember our conversations.

I hope that life is treating you better.

Write to me if you want to...I am not sure if we chatted with my user name Sophia1. I used to have a different username which I do not mention now to keep confidentiality for my son.

If you are not comfortable in doing so I will understand...

There are many new members to meet..

I also am not on the forums very often at the moment..

Stay safe

Sophia1

yes, depends on the era, I was looking at maps where Prussia virtually did not exist , and there was one pocket that become Preussisches Besitz or whatever, where all around was Bravaria.. yes, I went to Trier by chance  23 years ago, def a Roman city., dont think they got past there, and thats nearly in Luxembourg lol

ok the place was thinking of was owned by Duchy of Prussia, so whether that pre-dates Prussian state I dont know. @Sophia1 

anyway when I have a book in front of me I might understand a bit more. Google is not too good for finding some things out. My father was born near Leignitz in Silesia so his great grandparents , poss a lot futher back would have been under Prussia. He used to love watching British Royal Ceremonies and would speak in awe of minor German royalty that he had heard of where he was , eg Graf so and so ..

yes, good diversion.

Health not good. got another diagnosis to add to list. I and Drs too now seems are getting into saying its all my fault stage.  so got atrial fibriallation detected finally been trying to tell drs had it last 5 years. was at work medical , so lost the job, was embarrassing, and all medical prof has done has sent me a card saying call us in january and we will see about putting your name on a list (this is for an initial appt w cardio lolo) health service in SA prettydire. Bla bla , about it, if carry on will get depressed. got front teeth knocked out as well. was assaulted on way home from pub think, still got bruises near 2 weeks later got teeth replaced a few days later, found someone 2 hours drive away who would do it in a rush

Gee ,. thats going back @Sophia1  re @eudemonism  I had similar perhaps thing which someone who disappeared then looked like where still active, put 2 and 2 together and realised they had become a peer worker ..

wow that is interesting family history @TAB 

My reference to duchy is to the surname which was changed. Many towns even one where I lived 5 years ago was changed from a german name back in 1916 to what is currently named now.

We also went to a museum where original artwork as in Rembrandt would you believe was on display.

Had been hidden for decades by priests and royal families then donated to museum.

There are unarmed guards near all of the rooms in a former castle that is now a museum. On guard started talking to me because she saw how in awe I was. I said this painting does not look like Rembrandt's students. It stands out. She replied that is because it is Rembrandt's!

Seriously I cannot even believe it now.   The furniture in there was incredible all original very old antiques in exquisite condition. I said wow I cannot believe how well preserved this all is given its age. Answer was then that is because it was hidden away all of these years and now recently donated.

I think that we won the lottery at that place.

Look after your health. Public health system waiting lists have been way too lengthy as buckets of money get handed out for whatever is flavour of the month for politicians.

Two front teeth knocked out not good. Keep the name and phone number of that dentist.

Well better go..   dinner time preparation...

@TAB 

That is smart re Eude.

Oh I do hope that is the case because he deserves a position like that.

He has such  a caring soul.

Thank you for sharing that.

Now I feel better.

Thank you cheshire cat.

Thank you @Thyme 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance